Opinion on Vol symbol

DjCrenshaw

I know a lot of people may not really care, but I was wondering what some of you thought about old Vol symbols that aren't used anymore. We never use the UT with the T inside of the U anymore. Have we officially gave it to Texas, who now appears to be using a power T as well? Or, what about the old vols symbol with a star in the place of the o? I never see it anymore. Or better yet, how bout the Crockett symbol with Tennessee written on top of the barrel? Are all of these symbols just dated, or would some of ya'll like to seem them again. I personally love Smokey, but I'd like to see the Volunteer get some love too.

I'm currently wearing a shirt with Davy and his rifle above the Vols with the star in the o right now. Izod made this shirt but several brands are still making them. The Collesium brand makes several different throw back shirts. If you look around a little bit, the old school stuff is out there.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I've seen hats with the interlocking UT logo. Heck I even used it on some Tennessee uniforms when I messed around with EA's teambuilder. I like the logo with the star, too.

I'm currently wearing a shirt with Davy and his rifle above the Vols with the star in the o right now. Izod made this shirt but several brands are still making them. The Collesium brand makes several different throw back shirts. If you look around a little bit, the old school stuff is out there.

I saw those at Sports Seasons in Cool Springs last week

Kind of a related question:

When did we switch from the interlocking UT to the Power T at Neyland?

The power T is ruined for me because we stole it from Texas.

I'm pretty sure that there was a lawsuit with Texas where they got the U and the T and we there after trademarked the power T logo. I always liked the UT and the top of each letter made the shape of the state. That was on the field during some of Majors last seasons.

I know a lot of people may not really care, but I was wondering what some of you thought about old Vol symbols that aren't used anymore. We never use the UT with the T inside of the U anymore. Have we officially gave it to Texas, who now appears to be using a power T as well? Or, what about the old vols symbol with a star in the place of the o? I never see it anymore. Or better yet, how bout the Crockett symbol with Tennessee written on top of the barrel? Are all of these symbols just dated, or would some of ya'll like to seem them again. I personally love Smokey, but I'd like to see the Volunteer get some love too.

I'll always be partial to the interlocking UT, it's on my class ring

Alumni Hall might have some with the old logo on it.

Texas doesn't deserve the UT logo.. Tennessee was a school before Texas was even thought of... I think seniorty should apply to this.. haha

I remember when we switched to the Power T on the field as a pretty big deal. That took some adjusting for me.

VN Store

Back