We Beat Bama this year!!

govols105

I believe we can beat alabama this year, just tackle trent richardson by going for his legs, can't tackle the guy up top and we should be fine and win in tuscoloosa. if we can tackle richardson and elimnate a big play by him and eliminate turnovers we will win. their qb is not proven at all. i say we can beat them this year and will say this every year. alabama has tackled us by the legs for years see the 5 overtime win when cedrick houston goes out of the game by being tackle by the legs. we don't have to take richardson out of the game just contain him.

GO VOLS!!!

Last edited:
just contain and tackle ricardson and dont turn the ball over and we win plain and simple.

Last edited:
tackling by going for the legs is the only way to stop a power runner, their upper body strength just shrugs off arm tackles.

No, the best way to stop a power runner is to gang tackle. UT is known for the phrase, "and a host of Volunteers!"
Posted via VolNation Mobile

So Dooley's pregame speech should be, "Make sure you tackle Richardson by the legs and we we'll win the game! Lets go boys!" Must be that simple...

So Dooley's pregame speech should be, "Make sure you tackle Richardson by the legs and we we'll win the game! Lets go boys!" Must be that simple...

It should be etched in stone and put next to the "I will give my all for Tennessee today" sign, and all the players have to touch it when they leave the locker room....

I also believe we can beat Bama this season. If Kiffin can almost do it in year one against an overall more proven and experienced Bama squad with Crompton, then Dooley can do it with Bray. Everyone gives Bama the benefit of the doubt, but losing Mcelroy and Jones will hurt their offense a lot. Those were two steady veteran clutch players. I see the game as a tossup at this point because their D will def be nasty for sure.

With no proven QB and only one RB and a lot of guys left or kicked off the team, its possible. Not likely but possible.

We dont have a proven QB either and there isnt a position on the field other than WR that we have an advantage in. Could it happen, yes, but is it likely or does it make sense to prognosticate it, no.

Different people on ESPN have said Simms will probably be their starter this year and he hasnt played a down yet. Bray isnt a vet by any means but I'll gladly take him over any of bammers QB's!!

We will be lucky if we don't get drubbed. Leaving Tuscaloserville without getting curb stomped is about as good as we can expect.
Sorry, reality sux but it is where we are as a program.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back