Heath Shuler for AD

coffeevol

regular old member
Just a thought, He has the political connections and has ran for office so he know a little about fund raising. Has a business background. All Vol....what say you? Surely we can pay more than govt work?

I would be fine with it, if our first 5 or 6 top choices told us no.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Just a thought, He has the political connections and has ran for office so he know a little about fund raising. Has a business background. All Vol....what say you? Surely we can pay more than govt work?

We couldn't afford all the campaign contributions...

This is about the 100th time he's been suggested for the position. The biggest negative is that he's a politician. That makes him corruptible by default.

After he graduated and I saw him that summer before the NFL season started, charging kids in Nashville for his autograph - pretty much said it all............

He might make a great AD, but I would have a lot of second thoughts because he did vote for Nancy Pelosi. I commend him for being a great UT football player and thank him for that.

He would probably be better than the tool that Jimmy Cheek and Susan Martin will hire. At least Heath loves UT and will try to do what is right for athletics. We are probably in for some academia Nazi who could care less about on the field or court performances and championships. No more red meat for the teams, only bean sprouts, tofu and sushi.

Heath Shuler would make an excellent A.D. That thought crossed my mind a few weeks ago but the only negative part of the idea is that he is a Demon crat!!!

Wow, that's a novel idea!

But seriously, Heath Shuler is a joke. Apparently that makes him a good candidate to hillbillies in NC

Regardless of whether OP's suggestion is a good one or a bad one -- Anyone who would call a member of Congress, and one who is a Tennessee legend at that, a joke needs to look in the mirror.

Last edited:
Regardless of whether OP's suggestion is a good one or a bad one -- Anyone who would call a member of Congress, and one who is a Tennessee legend at that, a joke needs to look in the mirror.

You may want to take a closer look at Heath & Benjie's history since they played football before making the above statement.

Explain please...
Heath is supposedly not the sharpest tool in the shed . . . and didn't the real estate company he ran and handed to his brother end up filing for bankruptcy?

Last edited:
Heath is supposedly not the sharpest tool in the shed . . . and didn't the real estate company he ran and handed to his brother end up filing for bankruptcy?

That doesn't matter.

He bleeds orange, give him the job and God forbid you say anything bad about him.

He's a good guy. No his company didn't go bankrupt. He founded a successful real estate company and sold it (for a pretty penny I'm guessing). His brother filed personal bankruptcy.

Anyone that thinks he is liberal just because he is a democrat really doesn't know what they are talking about. Member of the NRA, pro-life, hates Pelosi...etc.

Anyone who would call a member of Congress, and one who is a Tennessee legend at that, a joke needs to look in the mirror.

You can't be serious. There are A LOT of members of the U.S. Congress that are an absolute joke. We don't even have to go back a week. Does the name Weiner ring a bell?

Last edited:
That doesn't matter.

He bleeds orange, give him the job and God forbid you say anything bad about him.

I never said give him the job based on the fact that he bleeds orange. What I said is that to call a guy who has accomplished what he has in his short life "an idiot" is idiotic. That's all.

The chairman of the search committee stated they were looking for someone who is currently an AD or who has relative experience to the position. This would eliminate Shuler.

VN Store

Back