Khalid Henderson Commits to TN

We beat out Air Force, Yeah!

Boise State's average recruiting class is like 80th. If they can beat top teams once or twice a year with those guys, Wilcox should manage to win with a few lower rated guys sprinkled in a top 25 class. Plus, he may receive more offers throughout his senior season. Too early to write him off based on his offer list.

Just glad to pick up another recruit. If Dooley and Co. like him, I like him.

You will be glad we offered before the rest, once he makes a few more camps.

Peter Sirmon thinks enough to extend an offer

Why even try? Star gazers abound. Same ones talking crap about Christian Harris not long ago.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

this is a trend not an anomoly. Welcome aboard! We just keep on keeping on with the Dooley bandwagon.

Why even try? Star gazers abound. Same ones talking crap about Christian Harris not long ago.

You're right Tim. The recruiting sevices are never right. DD knows so much more than other coaches and the recruiting services.
You guys that poo poo on the star ratings when we sign a 2 or 3 star are the same that go nuts if we get a 5 star.
There are a few exceptions of kids rated low that become bigtime. But it's rare.

Boise State's average recruiting class is like 80th. If they can beat top teams once or twice a year with those guys, Wilcox should manage to win with a few lower rated guys sprinkled in a top 25 class. Plus, he may receive more offers throughout his senior season. Too early to write him off based on his offer list.

Just glad to pick up another recruit. If Dooley and Co. like him, I like him.

and unless you have forgotten we play in the SEC or at least we use to. Go La Tech!

A year ago everyone was asking why they took the Harris kid. Same scenario.

And if you want to star gaze just look up all the accolades that Askew has brought to UT since he has been here. And do you remember a kid by the name of Daniel Brooks? The star system along with the failure to develop talent is a few of the reasons that Fulmer is begging for a job with UT in 2011.

I do not know for sure that Dooley will be successful here but I am very happy that he and his staff are "working like heck" to research these kids. I do think it will pay dividends on and off the field in the future.

You're right Tim. The recruiting sevices are never right. DD knows so much more than other coaches and the recruiting services.
You guys that poo poo on the star ratings when we sign a 2 or 3 star are the same that go nuts if we get a 5 star.
There are a few exceptions of kids rated low that become bigtime. But it's rare.

It is rare, but it's also our coaches' jobs to find those rarities. Additionally, when you talk about it being a rarity, what you're really talking about is someone with a low rating on NSD. Having a low rating in June doesn't mean as much, as the situation is still fluid.

If the coaches get a guy who impresses them, I'm onboard until the day that the coaches are proven to have poor judgment.

A year ago everyone was asking why they took the Harris kid. Same scenario.

And if you want to star gaze just look up all the accolades that Askew has brought to UT since he has been here. And do you remember a kid by the name of Daniel Brooks? The star system along with the failure to develop talent is a few of the reasons that Fulmer is begging for a job with UT in 2011.

I do not know for sure that Dooley will be successful here but I am very happy that he and his staff are "working like heck" to research these kids. I do think it will pay dividends on and off the field in the future.

You're living in a dream world. Make 2 lists and compare. On one list name all the great players we've had that were rated low and with the other list name the great players we've had that were highly rated. Then tell me what you think.

and unless you have forgotten we play in the SEC or at least we use to. Go La Tech!

That would be relevant if it weren't for the fact Dooley has been pulling in top 25 recruiting classes. If you don't think some of those players on Boise State could start on Tennessee, I don't know what to tell ya. They did beat Virginia Tech, Oklahoma and Oregon(twice). Just curious, what is Tennessee's biggest win over that same time frame? Not trying to knock Tennessee, just trying to make you realize that Tennessee could use some of those kids Boise State has recruited.

It is rare, but it's also our coaches' jobs to find those rarities. Additionally, when you talk about it being a rarity, what you're really talking about is someone with a low rating on NSD. Having a low rating in June doesn't mean as much, as the situation is still fluid.

If the coaches get a guy who impresses them, I'm onboard until the day that the coaches are proven to have poor judgment.

I wouldn't call it rare. There's a ton of 3* athletes and in many cases they get little to no in person evaluations and we have seen in the past that some services haven't even watched film of many of these guys. I'm not sure how they are evaluating these guys if they never see them. Even seeing a guy once is not enough to evaluate them properly.

VN Store

Back