The Future Of Neyland Stadium...

mooreaj21

Simply AMAZING!! It is suppose to be finished with all phases by 2014.

Attachments

• 1088081.jpg
    1088081.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,959
What all is different? I don't know the stadium's looks that well off the top of my head.

i think they should build another level so we can add about 20k more seats. it'll be awesome. if our team can't win, at least our stadium can! i know we'll be able to get the funding.

where'd you find this pic? Is it new? I thought we were holding off on future renovations for a while...

i think they should build another level so we can add about 20k more seats. it'll be awesome. if our team can't win, at least our stadium can! i know we'll be able to get the funding.
I agree. A pair of third deck rows on both sides, sandwiched between the pressbox and Jumbotrons. That should put us back into the nation's largest again, and you better believe that will help recruiting. It will not only make the stadium even more inpressive visually, but should help hold in all the noise even better.

parking is impossible now, just imagine how bad it would be with an additional 20 thousand seats to fill. I think UT should get rid of all the metal bleachers and convert to all chairback seating.

I agree. A pair of third deck rows on both sides, sandwiched between the pressbox and Jumbotrons. That should put us back into the nation's largest again, and you better believe that will help recruiting. It will not only make the stadium even more inpressive visually, but should help hold in all the noise even better.

We don't even fill up the upper deck that we currently have...might be more like the black curtains in basketball from a few years back.

I wouldn't worry about more seating riht now. Like mentioned before you can't find a place to park now.

parking is impossible now, just imagine how bad it would be with an additional 20 thousand seats to fill. I think UT should get rid of all the metal bleachers and convert to all chairback seating.

From what I understand form the Development Office(Tennessee Fund), they want to turn Staff Lot 9 into a parking garage. Have no idea if thats what the university administration wants. FWIW

Retractable Roof like they have at the new Indianapolis Colts stadium. I'm all for playing outside but now that we cant hardly get a full sellout like in the past and use the noise level as an advantage I think we should put a top on it and open it from time to time depending on the weather.

those extra seats should be given to high school freshmen and up, chaperoned by teachers coaches whomever, this might develop lifelong fans, who eventually buy tickets. we should make it 150,000 seats if you ask me... if you gave away 50,000 (third deck)to the young ones... youd make a million in concessions

Does that drawing show the scoreboard/jumbotron on the North end? Will they have it on both?

My bad! I had the prospective wrong.

Last edited:

Their not going to add on to the stadium period. 102+ is it. They just took seats out to make room for ski boxes.:loco:

Won't ever happen... besides that would mean 20k more empty seas.... let's face it we don't sell out if it's not against a big time opponent these days. 10 years ago you would have to pray you could get tickets against UAB, and Southern MIss type opponents. Now you are virtually garunteed walking up for a game like that and paying about half of face value. Just being honest. I have seen it drop off every year since '05 when I started on as season ticket holder post graduation.

Won't ever happen... besides that would mean 20k more empty seas.... let's face it we don't sell out if it's not against a big time opponent these days. 10 years ago you would have to pray you could get tickets against UAB, and Southern MIss type opponents. Now you are virtually garunteed walking up for a game like that and paying about half of face value. Just being honest. I have seen it drop off every year since '05 when I started on as season ticket holder post graduation.

I would say that you may be confusing cause and effect. Look at our won-lost records since '05. People don't come when there isn't anything worthwhile to see.

When UT is restored to it's winning ways and starts competing for championships, the tickets will become scarce once again.

JMO

GBO !

for the record, i was being sarcastic. i don't even think it is structurally feasible to add another level.

VN Store

Back