No Combine for Gerald Jones

he's was consistent, dependable player but will be lucky to get drafted. just doesn't bring enough top skills to the table and was hurt a lot.

He could get a chance as a practice squad player and will have to prove himself.

Shows where our talent level was this year, two guys tied with Ole Piss and Kensucky for next to last.

I hope that he has a chance to try out as an UFA to make a squad. GJ came a long way from that night in the back of a car early in his UT career.

For all he went through I respect the heck out of the man he beacame his senior year.

Thanks for the memories Gerald.

VFL !

I don't understand GJ at all. How does the number one player out of the entire state of Oklahoma fail to develop his skills in college to not even be considered for the NFL?

I hope that he has a chance to try out as an UFA to make a squad. GJ came a long way from that night in the back of a car early in his UT career.

For all he went through I respect the heck out of the man he beacame his senior year.

Thanks for the memories Gerald.

VFL !

Agreed. I think GJ got hosed a bit. So many coaching changes and injuries. I think he can be productive in the NFL. Two words: Arian Foster.

Whos ever decision it was to bulk him up was an idiot. He lost all of his speed.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Whos ever decision it was to bulk him up was an idiot. He lost all of his speed.

I never thought he was a speed receiver anyway. I always thought he was a sure handed "posession" receiver. Moore was the guy with speed.

I never thought he was a speed receiver anyway. I always thought he was a sure handed "posession" receiver. Moore was the guy with speed.

FWIW I agree - We needed a guy who could work from the slot and take some hits over the middle.

DMo bulked up pretty good as well, didn't seem to hurt his speed.

VFL !

Good luck to Gerald. He gave his all and was a good leader. Most of those guys on that list want make it anyway.

Shows where our talent level was this year, two guys tied with Ole Piss and Kensucky for next to last.
I would imagine that we had fewer payers eligible for the combine (juniors leaving and seniors) as well. So that has to be cosidered.

I think he will get picked up by someone eventually. He seems to do a good job running his routes, he blocks well, and he does have great hands.

He will still have a chance to impress at UT's Pro Day. If he can run a 4.4, he'll get drafted. It may be a late round pick, but he's definitely better than some of the non fbs div guys that often get drafted after the 4th Rd or so.

I don't understand GJ at all. How does the number one player out of the entire state of Oklahoma fail to develop his skills in college to not even be considered for the NFL?

Don't get me wrong, GJ was a great contributor for us. I just think he was a tad overrated coming out of high school. Plus the guy had injury issues, which can derail any promising career.

He will still have a chance to impress at UT's Pro Day. If he can run a 4.4, he'll get drafted. It may be a late round pick, but he's definitely better than some of the non fbs div guys that often get drafted after the 4th Rd or so.

No way in Hell he can run a legit 4.4. Eric Berry couldn't even do that.

No way in Hell he can run a legit 4.4. Eric Berry couldn't even do that.
WR's and corners are usually the fastest guys on the team. I don't see what EB , a safety, has to do with GJ's 40 time. I'm not saying he will, just that it would likely get him looked at regardless of whether he was invited to the Combine or not.

Well i for one, hope's the best for ole number 4....I got your jersery in the collection...GOOD LUCK G.J.!!

VN Store

Back