2745 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Wilcox staying in Knoxville Page 12. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. Originally Posted by LWSVOL will remain a Vol for time being would have liked to see him go. in my ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Football

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2011, 11:51 AM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWSVOL View Post
will remain a Vol for time being
would have liked to see him go. in my opinion he is not a very good DC and alot better out there.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #167 (permalink)

Turnovers and sacks stop drives on defense... I think Wilcox has been able to stop drives as well as Chavis and Monte despite our youth and high yardage allowed this season. I think/hope our defensive will show exponential improvement between this year and next; I'm glad Wilcox is staying.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2011, 01:31 PM   #168 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OaklandTnVol View Post
Correct. That is part of what you said.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
No... that is all that I said. If he isn't the right guy, then it'll be the results on the field that bear that out which is why I said that we don't have a good enough sample to judge him on right now. Same deal with Dooley.

But, if we're going 7-5 or so in 2012, then I want new coaches whether it "ruins continuity" or not in your opinion. Continuity will fall in line with everything else with the right coaching staff. Dooley and his staff may be that coaching staff, but if they're not, then I want them gone as soon as possible. Again, so much for reading comprehension.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #169 (permalink)
The Minister of Defense

New Info On Wilcox

A guy on another board said if *Oregon wins the national championship, he wouldn't be surprised if their DC, who has been with Oregon for about 20 years retired, and they would likely target Wilcox (an Oregon grad).

I doubt he would turn down Texas and then jump to The ducks. But with Phil knight's money you never know. The above paragraph is from another poster, can't use quote feature in mobile.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #170 (permalink)
Ima dude playing a dude..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexvol View Post
A guy on another board said if *Oregon wins the national championship, he wouldn't be surprised if their DC, who has been with Oregon for about 20 years retired, and they would likely target Wilcox (an Oregon grad).

I doubt he would turn down Texas and then jump to The ducks. But with Phil knight's money you never know. The above paragraph is from another poster, can't use quote feature in mobile.
I would think that falls under the catagory of his dream job.....I would expect if the DC position opens at Oregon, Wilcox would jump in it.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #171 (permalink)

If Oregon came calling Wilcox would leave. Guaranteed. In other DC news, rumors are heating up that Kirby Smart may indeed be headed to FL.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #172 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexvol View Post

Well they won't win so its all good.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-03-2011, 12:11 PM   #173 (permalink)

funny thing is why would any team want him his defense has gave up 10 points in less than a minute in the bowl game, gave up a 4 and 14 at LSU and then tried to play defense with 13 men on the field. i would think after a year like that i would have to look at other options
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-03-2011, 12:21 PM   #174 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucball2483 View Post
If Oregon came calling Wilcox would leave. Guaranteed. In other DC news, rumors are heating up that Kirby Smart may indeed be headed to FL.
I know they're good friends, but it seems like a bad move to me since Muschamp has said he's going to run the defense. I think it would make more sense for Smart to go be a DC for an offensive-minded head coach.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #175 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by downanddirty View Post
funny thing is why would any team want him his defense has gave up 10 points in less than a minute in the bowl game, gave up a 4 and 14 at LSU and then tried to play defense with 13 men on the field. i would think after a year like that i would have to look at other options
That one minute wouldn't have mattered without the exemplary defense in the 59 other minutes (UNC averaged 4.6 yards per play in the 59 other minutes, 3.0 in the 2nd-4th quarters, down from their season average of 5.7). The defense of the two-minute drill should improve when we get more experience in the secondary. Our nickel package includes 2 freshmen and 3 sophomores, and we don't even have enough players for a dime package. If it's still that bad next year, we'll talk.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-03-2011, 01:23 PM   #176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucball2483 View Post
Florida announces Seattle’s Dan Quinn as defensive coordinator

Gator Bytes blog: University of Florida | The Palm Beach Post Blog Archive Florida announces Seattle’s Dan Quinn as defensive coordinator
VolDad is offline   Reply With Quote TOP