Wilcox not offered by Texas (yet) Per Dooley

IF Texas were to offer the position to Wilcox, I'm pretty sure it would be after your bowl game. I could be wrong, but I think Mack has gone on record as saying it won't happen until after bowl season.

It sucks for the fans of both schools...

dooley's opening statement on wilcox after practice reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"here's all i can tell you, nobody on our staff has been offered any jobs. I don't anticipate any staff changes and i'm going to reiterate exactly what i said in the press conference.

"it's a fluid industry, it always is, but i don't anticipate any changes. Nobody on our staff has been offered a job. So, that's where we are and i think the one thing is... Couple of things. I'm never going to beg people to stay at tennessee because this is a great job and there's thousands of coaches that would kill to be here and we're never going to have one coach that's going to be bigger than the program."

tos

You gotta love Dooley's confidence and his leadership when things like this happens...he says all the right things and really helps ease unrest that comes up in the fan base.

Quote:dooley's opening statement on wilcox after practice reply --------------------------------------------------------------------------------"here's all i can tell you, nobody on our staff has been offered any jobs. I don't anticipate any staff changes and i'm going to reiterate exactly what i said in the press conference. "it's a fluid industry, it always is, but i don't anticipate any changes. Nobody on our staff has been offered a job. So, that's where we are and i think the one thing is... Couple of things. I'm never going to beg people to stay at tennessee because this is a great job and there's thousands of coaches that would kill to be here and we're never going to have one coach that's going to be bigger than the program." Tell'em Dooley

I like how he answered it. No one has been "offered" a job. Also, Larry said last night that Dooley was trying really hard to keep Wilcox from interviewing at Texas.

Aren't these coaching searches a done deal by the time a formal offer is presented?

Didn't Hamilton insist that Dooley was the only coach formally offered the TN job?

Pretty good source I'd say. Dooley tells it like it is. Love that about him.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You gotta love Dooley's confidence and his leadership when things like this happens...he says all the right things and really helps ease unrest that comes up in the fan base.

Agreed. He is sending the message to Wilcox and all the coaches. If you don't want to be here, then we don't need you. I think he knows that if Texas offers wilcox is gone. I wonder if Dooley has already started putting out feelers for his replacement?

I heard from an unreliable source, who is known for making up things on a whim say Coach Dooley just told Justin "Look here son, I'm a lawyer. If you leave, I'm gonna sue your a$$. Now go get the defense ready for the bowl game". TIFWIW, IMO.

Agreed. He is sending the message to Wilcox and all the coaches. If you don't want to be here, then we don't need you. I think he knows that if Texas offers wilcox is gone. I wonder if Dooley has already started putting out feelers for his replacement?

he is sending a message to the media and fan base. His and Wilcox discussions cover a lot more terrain than the statement made to reporters this morning.

the message is for public consumption.... reading between the lines, he will not try to outbid Texas if Wilcox wants to go.

"I'm never going to beg people to stay at tennessee because this is a great job and there's thousands of coaches that would kill to be here and we're never going to have one coach that's going to be bigger than the program."

Nuff said for me!

Love CDD's comments, I for one have been underwhelmed by JW and you can't blame the guy if he wants to leave...this is just business for most guys and in business cash is king.

VN Store

Back