Take away A.J. Green and you have a team that’s good only at finding a way to lose

As a Vol fan, I'd be lying if I said this didn't make me happy. But, at the same time, IF Tennessee comes into Athens and pulls out a win (and that's a HUGE if), I don't want it to be because we beat an inept UGA team. I want it to be because we actually beat UGA. I have a lot of respect for Mark Richt, and I don't like seeing him go down like this. Hope it's a good game this weekend, and not a contest to see whose offense is more impotent. I'll be there in my orange and white in section 126, cheering my loudest for my Vols (right next to my wife who will be in her red and black cheering her loudest for her Dawgs!)! :) I've always heard marriage was about compromise! (At least she's not a gator or some fat-arse Elephant...) :)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Watch out, Richt is making changes. UGA practiced in pads yesterday and he's leading the team out onto the field on Saturday.

Last edited:
this feels like deja-vu. UGA or not, I don't wish it on anyone. Big, big game this weekend. I'm pumped.

They'll come out fired up Saturday. Lucky for us, we always get these "us against the world teams".

GA has had 4 good recruiting years and is deep in talent.
Problem is, they don't play that way.
Their Oline is huge and experienced, but Murray spends almost as much time on his back and running for his life as Simms.
Smaller active Dlines have beaten them up this year.
I've watched all GA's games this year. If I could assess their play in one word, it would be 'Lethargic'

GA has had 4 good recruiting years and is deep in talent.
Problem is, they don't play that way.
Their Oline is huge and experienced, but Murray spends almost as much time on his back and running for his life as Simms.
Smaller active Dlines have beaten them up this year.
I've watched all GA's games this year. If I could assess their play in one word, it would be 'Lethargic'

Maybe they're adjusting to new coaching as we are and sooner or later they're bound to get it. I just hope it's 1 week later. Also, if they fire Richt, that would be a big mistake IMHO. They should give him another year to turn it around or they may have 3 coaches in 3 years. Richt is a great guy and may be hard to replace. He's won a lot of games.

Maybe they're adjusting to new coaching as we are and sooner or later they're bound to get it. I just hope it's 1 week later. Also, if they fire Richt, that would be a big mistake IMHO. They should give him another year to turn it around or they may have 3 coaches in 3 years. Richt is a great guy and may be hard to replace. He's won a lot of games.
Their cooler minds are talking about replacing their OC and Richt calling plays in the meantime.
Think you're right about head coach change.

Comment on the article from a UGA fan:

"Guys we can still win the sec, if we go 8-4 beating Florida, and if they lose one more, WE are in, hell we can even compete for the national championship, we just have to trust Richt, If we win sec east 8-4, then become lucky and beat Bama, our team will have confidence to win it all. Richt won 2 sec championships, the result speaks for itself."

And I thought our fans were delusional. :crazy:

I know we've had our differences in the past but I'm going to call a truce and admit something that I might end up regretting...I don't think we stand a chance this week...

Your backs are against the wall, you're playing at home, you've finally got your game changing best player back, you have a full and highly talented roster...

We have all the problems we have and on top of it we're coming off a monumental heartbreaker that'll likely bleed over into this game...

I look for you all to somewhat get back on track this game and finish out the season strong enough to save Richt's job

Your backs are against the wall, you're playing at home, you've finally got your game changing best player back, you have a full and highly talented roster...

so them playing at home is the only thing that changes from a team that just lost to Colorado and we have no chance?

I know we've had our differences in the past but I'm going to call a truce and admit something that I might end up regretting...I don't think we stand a chance this week...

We have all the problems we have and on top of it we're coming off a monumental heartbreaker that'll likely bleed over into this game...

I look for you all to somewhat get back on track this game and finish out the season strong enough to save Richt's job

TENNESSEE WINS!!!! (hopefully)

Last edited:
so them playing at home is the only thing that changes from a team that just lost to Colorado and we have no chance?

That and having a more complete and talented roster...and having their unquestionably best player back at full speed

I hate to admit how I feel about this game but I've also watched enough football to know that if the more talented team is playing at home they're most likely going to win

Last edited:
That and having a more complete and talented roster...and having their unquestionably best player back at full speed

I hate to admit how I feel about this game but I've also watched enough football to know that if the more talented team is playing at home they're most likely going to win

MSU and Colorado had considerably less talent and still beat this UGA team. You're really searching if you think UGA's home field means that much

Comment on the article from a UGA fan:

"Guys we can still win the sec, if we go 8-4 beating Florida, and if they lose one more, WE are in, hell we can even compete for the national championship, we just have to trust Richt, If we win sec east 8-4, then become lucky and beat Bama, our team will have confidence to win it all. Richt won 2 sec championships, the result speaks for itself."

And I thought our fans were delusional. :crazy:

:birgits_giggle:

Wowwww

MSU and Colorado had considerably less talent and still beat this UGA team. You're really searching if you think UGA's home field means that much

Those are two of four reasons I gave for why I think they'll beat us...but whatever....

I think their homefield will be a huge factor....their fans (for a number of reasons) will be jacked up to get us in there and we still have a horribly young roster with over 50% making only their 2nd road trip...after having their hearts proverbally ripped out last week...

You think that won't make a difference...we'll see who's right Saturday

Those are two of four reasons I gave for why I think they'll beat us...but whatever....

I think their homefield will be a huge factor....their fans (for a number of reasons) will be jacked up to get us in there and we still have a horribly young roster with over 50% making only their 2nd road trip...after having their hearts proverbally ripped out last week...

I don`t know if UGA is there yet, but home feild didn`t help us verus Wyoming:cray: GBO!!!

I think we did alright on the road against a superior team.

On your reasons, the only one they didn't have last week is home field (and why I pointed it out). You obviously think that is such a huge deal even though UT hasn't had much issue in Sanford the last few times they visited.

and if UT does lose I really hope you enjoy your "I told you so" post. I hear they aren't as fun as some might suggest

Richt has a ton of heat on him. I expect Tennessee gets Georgia's best shot this week. The question is? Will that be good enough? Stay close through the first half, limit Green and Tennessee has a good shot.

VN Store

Back