What is wrong with you guys?!?

Other_Guy

foolishFool
Ok Ive got to go to church, so cant chat...
I went over to govolsxtra where it seems the worst of our fans post. They didnt disappoint. Most of them picking UT to win and then complaining and trashing them. I thought Id get a little better when I came over here. Not by much. WHat is the deal guys? Good depth is just about the only reason we lost. And I keep seeing "God-awful" coaching by Chaney? Really? The pick was all Simms and Chaney is working with what he has. Simms isnt great, but he is decent at protecting the ball and making accurate passes. It was his 1st test. And who blamed the coaches for Stockers 'absense'? For real? Is it the coaches fault the veteran cant catch a pass all of a sudden? I was extrememly surprised with how well the special teams played (still cant return it). Half of these players for UT wouldnt be starting at alot of teams, let alone habe 2nd stringers that would be 2nd stringers anywhere else. As sucky of a blowout as it was, Im still optimistic. I think the Vols have a good chance of beating Florida and even Georgia. LSU isnt very impressive. UT will get better guys, just calm down. Im not blasting everyone or anyone, but I do get irritated when 2/3 of our fanbase pick UT and then blow up and bash the players and coaches (seriously the coaches? With what they have?). Sorry, but Im more frustated with the fanbase than me team. I think they can have a decent season with the schedule. They will get better. GBO!!!

I wouldnt call the people that post on GVX 2/3 of our fan base. They are just the delusional jerk offs that dont have anything better to do than complain. I think 95% of our fan base supports Dooley and understands that this is a working progress.

That was my best visit to neyland ever. I wouldn't change a thing. Losing isn't everything.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

We lost 48-13 and you expect us to just shake it off?

Um NO, but the Oregon game was not an SEC game and I think Oregon is the best team on the schedule (UF will find their offense eventually).

I think Dooley and his staff did a good job with what they had. They knew it was only a matter of time before fatigue set in so they tried what they could to get ahead. Yeah the loss really sucked guys, but its OK! A VERY young and inexperienced team. UT gave it everything they had in the 1st half. Im proud of them. I think they will be a much better team next. You have to have some growing pains, but its not as bad as it appears. Look on the bright side of things! :)

Positives galore in the first half followed by many negatives in the second. No surprises really. Everyone knew this would be a learning year.

Um NO, but the Oregon game was not an SEC game and I think Oregon is the best team on the schedule (UF will find their offense eventually).

I think Dooley and his staff did a good job with what they had. They knew it was only a matter of time before fatigue set in so they tried what they could to get ahead. Yeah the loss really sucked guys, but its OK! A VERY young and inexperienced team. UT gave it everything they had in the 1st half. Im proud of them. I think they will be a much better team next. You have to have some growing pains, but its not as bad as it appears. Look on the bright side of things! :)
You do know we play Alabama, right?

I wouldnt call the people that post on GVX 2/3 of our fan base. They are just the delusional jerk offs that dont have anything better to do than complain. I think 95% of our fan base supports Dooley and understands that this is a working progress.

Yeah I know but I saw several people over here picking UT. All Im saying is, I didnt see a 48-13 loss. I saw a possible bright future with a young enexperienced team that has NO freakin death. It is what it is. But I think the future will be ok.

I expected it, and I'm proud of the effort the team showed, but I still don't like losing.

You do know we play Alabama, right?

O, HAHA oops yeah somehow Bama slipped my mind... Im losing it lol but I just meant its not like a middle of the road SEC team blew us out. It was a much deserving top 10 or 5 team from outta conference. Theres a positive to everything lol

Well Chaney really had no idea about his offense or passing game... but I do see your point and agree. And theres a start Bray thread? Seriously???

O, HAHA oops yeah somehow Bama slipped my mind... Im losing it lol but I just meant its not like a middle of the road SEC team blew us out. It was a much deserving top 10 or 5 team from outta conference. Theres a positive to everything lol

If Bama slipped your mind, you need more than a trip to church...:)

Other_Guy, thank you for the breath of fresh air and a common sense post. Our fanbase doesn't seem to know how to give kudos to our undermanned team for being able to hang with a top ten team for three quarters. Despite lack of depth and massive inexperience. Undeniable too was Oregon is a very fast team that does and will run over better teams than us. So our boys despite big time deficiencies did pretty well for an outgunned team.

The fanbase can't seem to take note of positives at all. The fledging OL showed what will be coming with experience given the first half play. Poole showed what we will be seeing when blocking improves as it will. This year we can actually catch punts and kickoffs without dropping them or acting like sissies and letting the bounce dead (except for about three kicks). Lincoln can kick FGs without being blocked repeatedly. The defense can play, when depth is not a problem or even just the return of injured players, this unit will be quick, hard hitting, and a problem for any offense. The receivers in my view do need to do better at getting separation but overall we have the foundation of a team that's going to be scary for opponents when needs are filled. I do have puzzlement at Simms consistently throwing so high instead of at his receivers numbers. I keep telling myself it's because our receivers are tall so he thinks they can out reach or out jump defenders. So I'm reserving judgment until a few more games. The one thing I hope to not do is become as conceited about and as unappreciative of our teams' efforts as too many negavols are. Thank you again for your post as i was disgusted with some of the comments about the team.

I agree. GVX is just a trash website, with mostly trash posters. GVX. Is just a place for uninformed people to gather and spew info that they found here to make themselves look like insiders. Their opinion over there is irrelevant in most cases.

Everyone needs to calm down. We played with the #7 team in the nation for 3 quarters. If Simms throws a TD instead of a pick 6 with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter it would have been a different game. Don't get me wrong it did get out of hand late but depth is a huge reason for that. Our team is going to have its ups and downs but that will happen with a young team. We need to stay behind our players and coaches. We will be ok!

Hey guys, losing comes with the program. I'm up here surrouned by VT fans and believe me watching these guys is god alful. Losing to the Ducks (ranked no 7) is nothing like losing TO JMU. We will get better, we will meet FLA and I think we'll giv them all they want wheather we win or not. We will all bleed orange till the end if your a true UT fan. I believe in our coach, our program and the history of the VOLS. We'll be back and when we come, hell comes with us. :rock::dance2:

We lost 48-13 and you expect us to just shake it off?

.....no point in holding on to it.

I think we've known that this was gonna be a rough year for a while. No sense in acting surprised about it now.

You seriously think Oregon could beat 'Bama? You are hereby banned from this board for eternity.

Bama will not give UT as much trouble as Oregon did becuase Bama does not have a mobile QB that is running options and can pull it down himself and run...
That gave the boys a lot of trouble last night.

VN Store

Back