Ok, so we're cursed. Real Q is why?

flowingaway

It's pretty obvious that we're currently under a curse.

What else could explain the absolute s*** storm of events that are now the norm of UT football? It's like we all got together, made a list of UT football fans' worst nightmares, then they all came true simultaneously.

So now the question is can we pinpoint where the curse stems from? We have to establish this first.

Then, can it be broken? If so, how?

"Abra ca dabra, alla kazoo. Break this curse with the burning of every jogging suit."

OR

"A secret curse, but known to the wiser. The spell will be broken with the destruction of all visors."

Any ideas? We have to get this taken care of ASAP.

Last edited:
Not sure I believe in this curse... I'm also not sure that some of the fans here deserve much better considering their negative, condemning attitudes.

......jumping off the bridge already?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I blame baron samedi:

samedi.jpg

......jumping off the bridge already?

No, I've long believed in the curse, but the mounting injuries have caused me to seek action to break it. If not, we may not even have a team to field if this rate continues.

If everyone will just think happy thoughts and rainbows, a pot of gold and 3 300 lb 3star defensive tackles will magically appear.

....we sold our soul to the devil to win the national championship back in '98 and he is just collecting on his debt now. :naughty:

....we sold our soul to the devil to win the national championship back in '98 and he is just collecting on his debt now. :naughty:

I wonder if we could play the best song in the world Tenacious D style and break the curse a little early?

It's pretty obvious that we're currently under a curse.

What else could explain the absolute s*** storm of events that are now the norm of UT football? It's like we all got together, made a list of UT football fans' worst nightmares, then they all came true simultaneously.

So now the question is can we pinpoint where the curse stems from? We have to establish this first.

Then, can it be broken? If so, how?

"Abra ca dabra, alla kazoo. Break this curse with the burning of every jogging suit."

OR

"A secret curse, but known to the wiser. The spell will be broken with the destruction of all visors."

Any ideas? We have to get this taken care of ASAP.

No curse, that's rediculous. Trying to blame our current situation on something supernatural is asinine.

The program has been on a steady decline from about the end of the 2001 season. 2002 was the start of what would be a 6 year decline into mediocrity. Whether it was the coaching or the talent the team got lazy, fundamentals went out the window, if I had a dime for every time I saw one of our defensive players miss a tackle because he didn't wrap up and instead just lowered his shoulder expecting the ball carrier to buckle, I'd be a rich man. Somewhere along the way quarterbacks and running backs stopped being developed, I suppose you could blame Randy Sanders because it's pretty obvious the team was better with Cut calling the shots and when he left we went back into our decline. We've had some unfortunate things happen since we decided to change head coaches and that's to be expected, anyone who thought this was going to be easy is dead wrong. Give it a couple years of consistency and see how the program responds and I'll bet you'll be surprised.

VN Store

Back