Majors, Fulmer Say Nice Things About One Another.

By being publicly civil to each other, they honored a dead man whom they both cared about. Hard to see it being more than that.

Nice gesture especially by Majors, who's the one with the grudge.

Very classy of these two Vol legends (especially Majors) to do the right thing for a fallen player.

I like Fulmer and all, but Majors calling Fulmer Judas Brutus is too funny not to get a chuckle out of.

I can only imagine how honored Harry would have been if he had known he could bring together such an event as there is little doubt that he had a strong relationship with two of the more important figures in his life.

I can only imagine how honored Harry would have been if he had known he could bring together such an event as there is little doubt that he had a strong relationship with two of the more important figures in his life.

Exactly, hopefully something good can come from such a tragic loss.

God works in mysterious ways.

Fulmer has wanted to bury the hatchet for many years, but hasn't pushed it out of respect for Majors. He didn't want to be publicly turned down, both for his own ego and for not wanting to add to some fans' negative opinion of Majors.

Several years ago, before the 05 season when Fulmer was still seen by most as a positive figure, a young staffer made a snide comment about Majors in the presence of Fulmer, which sent Fulmer off into a tirade about showing respect for one of the pillars of the program.

I don't think CPF liked the way the whole Majors situation went down, but he wasn't about to fight it. I think Majors still thinks deep down that Fulmer was behind the pushing out of him.

Still, it would be great if they could have, at least publicly, a friendly relationship.

Fulmer has wanted to bury the hatchet for many years, but hasn't pushed it out of respect for Majors. He didn't want to be publicly turned down, both for his own ego and for not wanting to add to some fans' negative opinion of Majors.

Several years ago, before the 05 season when Fulmer was still seen by most as a positive figure, a young staffer made a snide comment about Majors in the presence of Fulmer, which sent Fulmer off into a tirade about showing respect for one of the pillars of the program.

I don't think CPF liked the way the whole Majors situation went down, but he wasn't about to fight it. I think Majors still thinks deep down that Fulmer was behind the pushing out of him.

Still, it would be great if they could have, at least publicly, a friendly relationship.

This is interesting.. I enjoy hearing stories like this, how do you know it? Are you friends with Fulmer or the family?

By being publicly civil to each other, they honored a dead man whom they both cared about. Hard to see it being more than that.

Nice gesture especially by Majors, who's the one with the grudge.
Agree. I seriously doubt that Majors will ever let go of the anger he has toward Fulmer. Nice gesture anyway.

Bury the hatchet. Both men have contributed to the Vols.

Our program is in the total crapper right now. It will need all the help it can get out the situation it's in.

I'm glad practice has started and the void between seasons is almost over.

Whether or not it was truly a "burying of the hatchet" or not, at least they made it seem that way publicly and to the fans

No, it took Fulmer getting screwed over just like he screwed Majors. And now Majors can smile and be civil. What goes around;come around. Even Dooley spoke of Fulmer's pain, the same pain Majors carried around for years.

No, it took Fulmer getting screwed over just like he screwed Majors. And now Majors can smile and be civil. What goes around;come around. Even Dooley spoke of Fulmer's pain, the same pain Majors carried around for years.

In truth, neither coach was dealt with well by the Admins.

But let's hope TN doesn't have any more practice hiring and firing coaches for awhile!

Except that Fulmer didn't get screwed over. He was released because of "performance malpractice," and he was amply rewarded for his departure, whereas with Majors.....draw your own conclusions about the Fulmer involvement in that.

If this was 2012 I would definitely be worried that the Aztec's prediction is true.

VN Store

Back