Coming to Tennessee!

White Out

Canadian, Eh
Hello Tennessee fans from Calgary Alberta Canada. I am a life long football and college football fan.. and I've just booked time off work and got my flight+hotel with a buddy to come to nashville and knoxville for the 3rd week in october. I can't tell you guys how excited I am that my 1st college football experience and my 1st time in the States will be revolving around Neyland stadium and the Vols! I just wonder what kind of tips you could offer to a traveller looking to take in the experience as thoroughly as possible. Are there tours of the stadium/campus? Tailgating? The tickets themselves... should I get them before I come to TN, or, can I count on scalpers? Thanks for any tips!

Scalpers are usually right ootside the stadium and you can count on them.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Neyland will be amazing, especially if we hang around with 'Bama.

Make sure you check out the Vol Walk before the game, and I would go to Calhoun's if I were you.

is calhouns the kind of place where you make a reservation or do you just show up?
oh and should i buy tickets on ebay? or too risky?

is calhouns the kind of place where you make a reservation or do you just show up?
oh and should i buy tickets on ebay? or too risky?

I wouldn't buy them on ebay I've had some bad experiences. Stub hub or Ticket city have always been good to me though.

U couldn't have picked a better time to come down!! 3rd sat in oct with bama in town PRICELESS MY MAN!!!!

lol @ the aboot and ootside. jeez!

im just deciding now on stub hub vs scalpers.. stub hub seems kind of expensive... 400 dollars for 2 tickets kinda thing. i dont wanna show up tho and have scalpers ream me tho

I hope you mean the 4th weekend in October...because the 3rd weekend is an off week!

Great choice though Neyland will rock your socks off!!!

About an hour and a half before gametime, the Vol walk takes place. Not long afterwards, the band will march down into the stadium. Lots of tailgaters around the campus. You can also get to the strip early and have plenty of beer before the game if you partake. Like a previous poster said, Calhouns is good also. I doubt they would take reservations on game day. While at Calhouns, you can take in the Vol Navy too. The restaurant is right on the river.

About an hour and a half before gametime, the Vol walk takes place. Not long afterwards, the band will march down into the stadium. Lots of tailgaters around the campus. You can also get to the strip early and have plenty of beer before the game if you partake. Like a previous poster said, Calhouns is good also. I doubt they would take reservations on game day. While at Calhouns, you can take in the Vol Navy too. The restaurant is right on the river.

Where do I go to check out the Vol walk? Calhouns has been brought up a number of times here.. I'll definitley google maps it before I fly in

welcome to God's country, just let everyone know before u leave, you will soon learn there is no finer people in the world than the folks here in Tennessee. I hope your trip is a safe one. WELCOME once again.

You're in for a treat, nothing better than Tennessee football games. Here's what you can expect at the vol walk, pictures don't do it justice though. The Vol Walk

Where do I go to check out the Vol walk? Calhouns has been brought up a number of times here.. I'll definitley google maps it before I fly in

Trust me, you will see the Vol Walk. You and 100,000 other brothers and fellow Vols will be standing in one area before the game. Its rediculous, and its most amazing experience ever. I remember my first time going to Neyland. Still have the tickets and program. Most amazing thing ever.

VN Store

Back