At Least One Writer Picks The Vols

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
By Robbie Andreu
Staff writer

Published: Thursday, July 15, 2010 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 at 4:25 p.m.
( page all of 2 )

You know how some times you just have a feel for a game, you can sense an upset in your bones?

Well, I have that feeling about three early season games.

One is the Florida-Alabama game. I have a feeling (a strong one at that) that the Gators are going to go into Tuscaloosa and win that game. But I'll talk about that predicated upset at a latter date, a little closer to the game.

The other two upsets I'm feeling involve teams that Florida plays this season — Florida State and Tennessee.

And these upsets will happen on the same date — Sept. 11. Mark it on your calendar.

Here they are:

The Seminoles will silence the Sooners in Oklahoma.

Yes, you heard it here first. Florida State is going to beat Bobby Stoops' boys in a big, big upset.

How?

Well, the Sooners' quarterback play was less than stellar without Sam Bradford last year (remember that awful performance in a loss at Miami?), and FSU has one of the best quarterbacks in the nation in Christian Ponder.

The Seminoles are going to go up and down the field against an OU defense that couldn't stop anybody two years ago. And the FSU defense will be much improved and cause some critical turnovers that the offense will cash in for game-changing scores in the second half.

It's going to happen. The Seminoles are going to beat the Sooners.

Upset No. 2: Vols will have the Ducks quacking in distress in Neyland Stadium.

I know, I know, the Vols are supposed to be down this year (and they probably will be to some degree) and Oregon is a consensus top 10 team heading into the season.

But I've got news for the Ducks. Tennessee still has plenty of SEC talent (especially on defense) on its roster, and Neyland will be a steamy hot madhouse on Sept. 11.

My prediction is the Ducks are going to self-destruct in front of the huge crowd and Tennessee will pull this game out by a touchdown or more.

As for that other upset — Florida over Alabama — I'll get back to you later on that one.

this was emailed to me so I dont know what publication it came from

He apparently didn't hear that the fight will cost UT one or both DT starters.

Yup. I've been saying it for a while now that I think the Oregon game is winnable for us.

He writes for Gatorsports.com also. Must be a sign of the End Times for him to pick us to beat a Top 10 team.... :crazy:

Oh...I thought he was saying we'd be beating both Bama and Florida.

For what he said, though, I can't say I don't see it as a possibility.

must have written this pre-brawl cause i dont see it happening with rod wilks, rae sykes, and arthur jeffery starting.......

I think we can beat Oregon and probably will. Very little chance at beating Florida. And Bama will roll Florida.

It is too bad that these suspensions really will ruin this season..I think we had a legit shot at 7 games this year, before all this crap went down...now 4 or 5.

Any game is winnable in theory.....but I do believe we had a good chance before the "incident".......depending on suspensions I think we still have a good shot

I think we still have a great chance to beat Oregon. I just pray that we fill Neyland up and make it a madhouse. I hope the Oregon fans and players go home rethinking what a crazy stadium is all about.

He is right about the Ducks self destructing before we get a win. It will be really tough for us to beat them if we don't get a lot of breaks.

I think we still have a great chance to beat Oregon. I just pray that we fill Neyland up and make it a madhouse. I hope the Oregon fans and players go home rethinking what a crazy stadium is all about.

Yup!!! I want em to say the same thing that Cal player said after '06 game!! He said Neyland was a "freak show"!!
:rock::gun::machgun::rock2:

VN Store

Back