Marcus Thornton?

MikeHamiltonFan

With Purnell leaving will he released from his LOI?

Would we be interested?

Any other way the coaching change at Clemson may help us?

According to rivals, he has not signed an LOI yet. That will make it a lot easier for him to decide to go elsewhere. At 6-7, 215, he fits the specs for CBP. I don't know much about him. If Selby falls through, this may not be a bad option if CBP wants another body.

Oh had no clue dude was just a 3 star i thought he would atleast be a 4 i agree with you.... we don't need to waste a scholly on this guy

Yea. I think if this guy is what we're down to, I'd just save the scholly and go after a better guy in the '11 class.

If we can't get Cothron or Abraham (who already committed though) then just save the scholly for 2011. Pearl/Woolridge will be fine for one more year, and Kenny Hall will get better, which means more minutes.. Also Williams was playing 30 minutes in the Tourney, so we now know is conditioning is good. Tobias can play 30 also.

Minutes in big games could go like that.

Harris: 30
Williams: 25-30
Hall: 20-25
Pearl or Woolridge: 5-10 (depending on foul trouble).

Yea. I think if this guy is what we're down to, I'd just save the scholly and go after a better guy in the '11 class.

Agreed, there is an article on Rivals about Cothron but i haven't got around to reading it yet i hope were in on Cothron still.....

There are exceptions to every rule. Lofton was definitely one of them.

But not coming out of high school he wasn't. He was after he got here. How do you know this guy wont do the same thing. (Not saying he will become the new Lofton)

Oh I was referring to where you said that there are exceptions and Lofton was one.

I'm just saying that just because this guy is a 3 star does not mean he will just play like a 3 star.

I agree. I just think by taking this guy, we would just be settling on anyone because we need a big. I would rather keep the scholly in the bag and go after someone we really want next year.

I agree. I just think by taking this guy, we would just be settling on anyone because we need a big. I would rather keep the scholly in the bag and go after someone we really want next year.

I agree I would rather us get a BIG MAN this year, which isn't going to happen, or wait till next season and get someone we really need. All I was saying about your one post was that just because he is a 3 star does not mean we should go after him, (if we needed him, which we really dont.)

What was Brian Williams? How about Melvin Goins? Why don't we trust our staff to make the evaluations of what they want and don't want. A guy doesn't have to be a four star to be a valuable role player, especially as deep as Bruce likes to roll.

What was Brian Williams? How about Melvin Goins? Why don't we trust our staff to make the evaluations of what they want and don't want. A guy doesn't have to be a four star to be a valuable role player, especially as deep as Bruce likes to roll.

Because the staff has also missed on Marques Johnson, Josh Tabb, Tony Passely, Renaldo Woolridge, Phillip Jurick, and also they thought Ramar Smith could play PG.

Because the staff has also missed on Marques Johnson, Josh Tabb, Tony Passely, Renaldo Woolridge, Phillip Jurick, and also they thought Ramar Smith could play PG.

This staff could not be as selective before as they can be now. Woolridge grew a lot and may end up doing very nice things for TN.

Ramar had all kinds of physical ability he was just a murdering thug...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This staff could not be as selective before as they can be now. Woolridge grew a lot and may end up doing very nice things for TN.

Ramar had all kinds of physical ability he was just a murdering thug...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Ramar was never a PG and everyone knew that. He was a 2-guard.

Tabb, Johnson, Jurick were all 3-4* players the staff totally missed on. You are telling me we HAD TO TAKE A CHANCE on Jurick? I highly doubt that. Same with Tabb. We had to have a 2* Guard with no offensive skills?

And other than Woolridge's one monster game against Kansas, tell me what else he has done. He lost his minutes a 6'5 non-athletic PF with absolutely no offensive game and deserved to lose those minutes. Please tell me how he is going to be a solid player.

VN Store

Back