NCAA Diaries

That was excellent, just disappointed with the end result. After watching the video it's hard to believe that we lost with how well we played. I guess it just wasn't our year, but we have something amazing to build on.

I always love how Bert yells "Money!" after a big shot though. :lolabove:

Yeah those videos were sweet throughout the tourney...they help the fans relate to the team a little better

Great video -- Prince is right. He didn't foul Morgan. Terrible call by the ref. Game should have been in OT.

Yea the diaries are great.

They are well put together. The end was fantastic with the guys going down the escalator with "its great to be a tennessee vol" in the background.

Damn i cant wait for next season!!

Now I wish I didn't watch it. That shouldn't have been a foul at the end. Watching live I thought there was no doubt. The way they called the game the whole time, that isn't a foul.

The more angles you see the last play on makes me more mad than anything we got cheated out a chance of the final four I am so pissed right now. I have to say great play JP on a clean block.

The call would not bother me as much, if the ref that called it wasn't out of position and assumed it was going to be a foul.

The call would not bother me as much, if the ref that called it wasn't out of position and assumed it was going to be a foul.

It'll bother you more if you go back and watch Bobby Maze's last shot as a Vol. The MSU big -- instead of keeping his arms straight-up like Brian Williams did on the last play -- leaned his arms over Maze as he tried to shoot the layup under the basket and made contact with both of Maze's arms. It was clearly a foul and with Maze shooting FTs, that is 2 points.

I think it is fitting that our season ends on incompetent officiating. The NCAA needs to do something, but as long as Coaches grin and bear it, they won't do a thing.

I agree that JP's block was clean, and it makes the loss harder to stomach, but I'm sure there were some calls that went against MSU throughout the game, and the fact of the matter is that the Vols had opportunities to win that game and not be in a position where they were scrambling at the end. Raymar Morgan beat us down the court, there is no way an entry pass should be that easy to a guy on the block with seconds left in the game.

It'll bother you more if you go back and watch Bobby Maze's last shot as a Vol. The MSU big -- instead of keeping his arms straight-up like Brian Williams did on the last play -- leaned his arms over Maze as he tried to shoot the layup under the basket and made contact with both of Maze's arms. It was clearly a foul and with Maze shooting FTs, that is 2 points.

I think it is fitting that our season ends on incompetent officiating. The NCAA needs to do something, but as long as Coaches grin and bear it, they won't do a thing.

I know exactly what you're referring to. In my angered state, I showed the other people in the room with me how that player 'defended' that play. Man, I wish I didn't watch this video!

You know, during the game I just anticipated that being a foul...I don't remember, correct me if I'm wrong, they didn't show multiple angles of that play during the game did they ??...Looking at it and pausing it, in my opinion, at the least it should have been a jump ball...JP did an excellent job of controlling his body so he could come around and over Morgan so as to not make body contact....I don't remember who had possession on a jump ball....Maybe it would have been MSU's ball and they could have done the same thing they did at the end of the half but they shouldn't have been shooting free throws...I wish I would not have seen it now....

VN Store

Back