Chris Jones Early Enrollment?

cascade11

I have caught a few rumblings about this and with all the new posts the last few days couldn't find anything on here.

Does anybody know what is up with this? And is it a high possibility.

I think we become much better if he does get in. It gives us a legitimate backup PG, and allows Golden to play the two and lets Bone backup there as well, but doesn't push him into a scoring roll.

It also keeps McBee out of the rotation, which I think is a good thing.

PG- Goins/Jones
SG- Hopson/Golden/Bone
SF- Tatum/McRae
PF- Harris/Swiper/Pearl/Maymon
C- Williams/Hall

Thats an 12 man rotation, that might not be as tested as this years 10, but I think is just as talented if not more.

Early enrollment for Jones should have been 2009. I think he is already a year behind in school so I wouldn't bank on it.

I don't know how he could early enroll since it is almost gauranteed that he won't qualify when he is supposed to graduate.

Bone is NOT someone I am counting on for the future. He looked AWFUL yesterday and played scared to death.

I'm really anxious to see how Pearl uses Harris. I can't seem him staying down low as much as Chism (which wasn't too often, but he stayed down low a lot more his Sr. year than in year's past).

How is Harris' low post game?

I'm really anxious to see how Pearl uses Harris. I can't seem him staying down low as much as Chism (which wasn't too often, but he stayed down low a lot more his Sr. year than in year's past).

He'll have him in the same position, doing the same things as Tyler Smith.

theyre gonna use Harris in the same way Tyler smith did. Hes gonna be a point forward kind of player, more of a kevin durant style.

Pearl called Harris a Tyler Smith, Wayne Chism mix. Wayne Chism like shooter and scorer down low and Tyler Smith like passing and handles.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I posted this in another thread, so I will post it here and hopefully it will help. Keep in mind that he originally should have been in this class, but fell behind (I heard he really has his act together now though) and was going to have to wait till next year until....

Per one of his AAU coaches I talked to about a week ago...

The original plan was for him to go to Hargrave if he did not win the TSSAA appeal. Somewhere along the way, somebody (I think somebody at UT) figured out that it is possible that he could graduate this summer via summer school and enroll in August. He is now working to accomplish this. If not, he will most likely go to Hargrave as it unlikely he will win the TSSAA appeal.

For the record, I was unable to get any answer of how likely, just that he is trying really hard to get it done. Everything that I have heard indicates that the kid really loves Tennessee and CBP.

My assumption is that it has something to do with him being able to get his core classes completed. I don't have the time right now, but is anyone aware of this rule? Similar to the early graduates, it is more about getting the core/required classes done instead of the arbitrary electives?

I really like this kids ability to score points. Goins played well during the tournament and should be rewarded by being the guy to start of next season. But this kid can really fill it up. I really hope he can get qualified and get here by august. Would he still be able to play in the Pilot league games? Don't they let high school players play in that?

You have Maymon after Pearl? And Swiperboy?

I was just listing people at their position. I think Maymon and Swiper should have the talent to play the position. Swiper needs to put on some weight, and Maymon doesn't want to play down low.

I was not putting them in order to clarify.

how do selby and jones compare?

Selby is a lot bigger at 6'3 or 6'4. Jones is more like 5'9.

No to sure about Selby's attributes, but I have seen Jones play in person a few time. Explosive is an adjective I would use to describe him. He does a lot of things well (i.e. handle, shoot, defend), but I think that the explosiveness that makes him the elite player that he is. Also, he plays with a toughness that is going to make a lot of Vol fans happy.

how do selby and jones compare?

I'm a HUGE Selby fan. I think he is better than Knight and at least the #2 player in the 2010 class. With that said, getting Chris Jones eligible for next season would probably be just as big of a get for us.

My reasoning is this. Goins is a defensive hawk. He is built like a football player and he takes pride in playing like one on defense. He is also an improving outside shooter and does a good job running the offense. I'd love to see him be the starter and see Chris Jones take a few minutes as the backup. And then, next year, we won't have a freshman PG running the show. It's a win win.

Obviously, landing a guy like Selby speaks for itself and I certainly wouldn't be opposed. However, I think we are in great shape if we either get Selby OR get CJones to qualify.

I'm a HUGE Selby fan. I think he is better than Knight and at least the #2 player in the 2010 class. With that said, getting Chris Jones eligible for next season would probably be just as big of a get for us.

My reasoning is this. Goins is a defensive hawk. He is built like a football player and he takes pride in playing like one on defense. He is also an improving outside shooter and does a good job running the offense. I'd love to see him be the starter and see Chris Jones take a few minutes as the backup. And then, next year, we won't have a freshman PG running the show. It's a win win.

Obviously, landing a guy like Selby speaks for itself and I certainly wouldn't be opposed. However, I think we are in great shape if we either get Selby OR get CJones to qualify.
I agree, getting Jones to qualify would be huge for this program.

I would gladly take Jones, also.

I posted this in another thread, so I will post it here and hopefully it will help. Keep in mind that he originally should have been in this class, but fell behind (I heard he really has his act together now though) and was going to have to wait till next year until....

Per one of his AAU coaches I talked to about a week ago...

The original plan was for him to go to Hargrave if he did not win the TSSAA appeal. Somewhere along the way, somebody (I think somebody at UT) figured out that it is possible that he could graduate this summer via summer school and enroll in August. He is now working to accomplish this. If not, he will most likely go to Hargrave as it unlikely he will win the TSSAA appeal.

This is in line with everything I've heard about Jones as well. I like the edge he has about him and the toughness he plays with.

I saw Chris Jones play in person..He is a better offensive player then Goins. He is not as good a defender as Goins but he still has strong D. Getting him to enroll early would def. make the team better.

Bone is NOT someone I am counting on for the future. He looked AWFUL yesterday and played scared to death.

I think he was responsible for at least a 6 point score swing to our detriment. As for Maymon, he plays at least half a game next year I predict.

VN Store

Back