Scotty Hopson will NOT go pro

AirVol3

†۩(V,B)۩†
he needs to work on his FTs first and get his mental game on before going to the pros,plus needs to work on his dribbling and decision making before considering it or he will be the next Zach Randolph or Gerald Green

Brian Williams and S Pearl plays harder than Scotty. Brian Williams got on Scotty about rebounding yesterday. You do not see Scotty diving on the floor after loose ball. Williams can be a leader of this team dont know about Scotty.

I read in the KNS that when asked about returning next year he said 'no comment'. Then it says Pearl will submit papers for him to the NBA pre draft. Scotty can't play in the SEC or the NCAA! Is he really that delusional to think he is good enough to play in the pros at this point? He has shown absolutely NOTHING on the court to show that he is ready for the next level. This kid is supposed to be a shooter. He had the ball in his hands at the end of the game and did not produce. Please Scotty, get real and stay. You have a long way to go before you can go pro. Swiperboy can go pro in rap and that is about it. If you don't count that all of his songs sound the same.

I was at both games over the weekend and I'm a pretty calm and collected fan. The 2 major things I left that game saying was "What does it take for someone to fight for a ball?" and Scotty Hopson was at the top of that list. So many times the ball was loose within 5 feet of Hopson and he just stared at it. I said at least 5 times "FIGHT FOR THE BALL!"

The other was the immaturity of the players. It's like they had never had a failing moment in their entire lives. Miss a shot, hang your hang, cry to the coach, mope around.

Miss a shot and Go play some defense!

If, he declares and go to the pre draft camps,who really knows.The NBA drafts on potential as much as anything and Scotty has lots of that,just hasnt been developed.

Guards all over the NBA hope he leaves and gets drafted.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Losing a player early is always a concern. It took turner till his Junior year to really break out and become the player that he is now..... If the NBA "lock out" happens, of course we will not be having this conversation.

He will get an evaulation and see that he would not even be considered to be drafted. He will mope around for about a month and then hopefully Pearl gets in his head and has some success for next season. Bruce really needs to coach him between the ears this offseason.

The best thing Pearl could do was get Hopson to look at the draft and see what the NBA people are saying about him. When lazy/no fire keeps coming up, it'll be a wake up call for him.

Hopson getting drafted would be bad for him, IMO. He's talented, but he seems to think he's far better than he is, and validation of that belief will probably just drag him down even more.

Let's not all jump on Scotty. How many of us, at the beginning of the year, would have be delighted with an Elite 8 loss? Look at the positives and not the negatives. It was a great year

Scotty needs to go back and watch some film if he really thinks he's ready. Perhaps he was auditioning for the scouts with 11 seconds left yesterday? Not impressed with the shot selection with that much time left nor the 50% free throw shooting.

If Hop wants to be taken seriously as a shooter, he must improve his FT's. He needs to get his % up in the 70's (at least). When you think of guys at the next level who are considered good shooters, they are very good at FT's. I won't give names since that would set off a battle of who I didn't name. But if you look up the people "you believe" are good shooters, you'll almost always find them shooting high FT %'s. JMO

Scotty needs to go see a sports psychologist and work on his mental toughness. His body language says defeat before he even takes a shot. It's almost like he his hoping he doesn't fail rather knowing he is going to win. A lot of talented athletes have seen greater performance by improving their mental attitude and outlook.

Does it really matter if Scotty goes pro? I mean I would love to see him stay for another 2 years but lets get real here, he just is not that good. I would much rather see Cam Tatum on floor than Scotty. Good luck to Scotty whatever he does but I will not be disappointed to see him go.

I can't imagine that he's even considering it, unless he has significant academic problems. He wouldn't even be drafted at this point.

he needs to work on his FTs first and get his mental game on before going to the pros,plus needs to work on his dribbling and decision making before considering it or he will be the next Zach Randolph or Gerald Green

What a crushing loss it would be if he went pro. Who would we have to miss threes, not contest a 3 point shooter at crunch time of the elite eight, not be able to handle the ball at all in the open floor, and then mope around like a baby when he plays bad?

Thank goodness! LOL I was soooo worried that he might go early. I'm jus messin around, I love scotty. But I agree with the above poster that Bruce may be submitting the papers jus so scotty can PLAINLY see that he has miles and miles to go. I DO still believe he can get there tho, unlike some of you. Here's to hopin he has a tremendous off season.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back