Tobias Harris as a freshman

That's just nuts. You're setting yourself up for a huge disappointment if you think he will be. Remember how Hopson was supposed to replace Chris and JaJuan...

That's just nuts. You're setting yourself up for a huge disappointment if you think he will be. Remember how Hopson was supposed to replace Chris and JaJuan...

Tobias is not Hopson.

Now, I'm not saying he definitely will be better than Chism, I'm just curious what Vol fans think.

Scotty didn't have the skills of Harris coming out of high school. I'm not saying he will replace Wayne , but we are going to rely on Harris for a decent amount of our offense.

Tobias will score the points but will his defense matter that much with the new Brian Williams?

I'd expect offensively he will be. Probably not on defense...

Dont expect him to be as good offensively because your setting your self up for failure. Remember BJ Mullens. His tape was out of this world and he struggled mightily.

I think people have been let down by our last several cant miss freshman and have unrealistically low expectations for Harris.

Yes, Harris as a true freshman will be as good or better than Chism. All Pearl has to work on with him is defense, but athletically there is not a great comparison on offense.

I love Wayne and will miss him, but Harris is the most talented player at UT physically since Houston and the best NBA prospect since that time as well.

Dont expect him to be as good offensively because your setting your self up for failure. Remember BJ Mullens. His tape was out of this world and he struggled mightily.

Mullens and Harris are two completely different types of players. I could be wrong, but Harris will probably be our leading scorer next year.

Mullens and Harris are two completely different types of players. I could be wrong, but Harris will probably be our leading scorer next year.

And i hope Hopson is right up there with him
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Tobias will score the points but will his defense matter that much with the new Brian Williams?

Brian Williams was great this game but i think he stays at his garbage man position, u know like brandon wright was for unc

Who knows, he could adapt to the college game very well, he could struggle...I highly doubt that he will be what Wayne was this year.

Here is what you hope for.

Harris, Williams, and Hall together, will provide the same punch that we had at the end of this year.

Expecting Harris to cover Wayne's loss as a FR. is a reach.

Here is what you hope for.

Harris, Williams, and Hall together, will provide the same punch that we had at the end of this year.

Expecting Harris to cover Wayne's loss as a FR. is a reach.

This is a good point.

I know we will definitely lose alot of leadership with Wayne out, but talent wise (with the improvement of Kenny Hall and the addition of Tobias), I think we will be equal.

Hopson and Tatum have to move into more prominent roles.

Agreed, I like what I saw from Tatum in the tournament. Also, you have to love the way Brian and Melvin stepped up in the tournament. It's very encouraging going in to next season.

Talent won't be the issue, but Wayne was a battle-tested senior who wasn't afraid of anyone. I think Tobias is a smart guy with a lot of ability who definitely can be our leading scorer next year.

Hopson is the stumper. I have no idea what to expect out of him.
Physically, he is as talented as you will see in the country.
He has fundamental issues that you don't see out of All SEC type players. (which we need him to be. Next year) He also seems to lack that grit you need to be elite.(most of our team found that this yr)

Tatum, IMO, took his chance and got better with it, we still need him to improve on the D end.

Watching Tobias's game film (yes, I know it's just highlight film, so don't nobody get their panties in a wad over this comment...just take it as my humble opinion), Tobias looks more like perimeter oriented player, a small forward, kinda like Durant, who will have to play out of position (at power forward) at UT. I hope he will be extremely productive at the 4.

VN Store

Back