Does anybody really know

VolsWinRLose

what SHopson's deal is? I'm not interested in "he sucks" or "cowardice;" does he need a hypnotist, a hug, or an a**beating?
He's obviously talented; what do we do to maximize it?

He hasn't responded to the player's coach thing. Seems the pine might help. Often does wonders for guys like him. Play him for doing hustle things only. Done wonders for D'Andre Liggins.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I had a friend at work that saw him play alot at University Heights tell me the Vols will have trouble out of him because of his attitude...Told me back then that he thought he was the s$%# and nobody could tell him what to do...He actually said it would surprise him if he played very much at UT with his attitude...He said he could get away with it then because he was just so much better than the people he was playing against....

Honestly, it may sound a little out there, but they DO help; Hopson could use a sports psycholgist. The guy has some SERIOUS confidence issues and IS NOT going to the NBA at this rate.

I had a friend at work that saw him play alot at University Heights tell me the Vols will have trouble out of him because of his attitude...Told me back then that he thought he was the s$%# and nobody could tell him what to do...He actually said it would surprise him if he played very much at UT with his attitude...He said he could get away with it then because he was just so much better than the people he was playing against....
A lot of guys have that problem and do just fine in the NBA.

Hopson is the kind of player that keeps coaches awake at night. He can be sensational and then he can disappear or look like he cannot have a clue. His free throw shooting and poor defense simply put cost us the game. I think he needs to step up and play to his Mc Donalds All American potential or stick his rear on the bench, that seems to get his attention more than anything else.

He needs a good but chewing and some time on the bench. He needs to improve his hand/foot work and learn to dribble. If he hasn't learned it by the age of 20, I doubt he will, though.

A lot of guys have that problem and do just fine in the NBA.

I know you are not comparing NBA guys to Scotty Hopson ??.....

I bet an attitude change would help him alot....That would include his attitude towards the off-season and his work on his skill-set..He sure doesn't look like he has some of the basic fundamentals down that he should have at this level...

Very weak player for his size. Seems like he can never grasp a rebound and loses it every time.

what SHopson's deal is? I'm not interested in "he sucks" or "cowardice;" does he need a hypnotist, a hug, or an a**beating?
He's obviously talented; what do we do to maximize it?

he will develop just like prince and chism and williams have developed.he was not why we lost the game. we lost the game because izzo outcoached pearl . williams and hopson played 33 minutes each. williams was gassed and he did not get back on hopsons missed free throw. game over. hall should have played more then 3 minutes and of course his idiot son should not see the light of day in games that big much less 11 minutes. bad pass,bad foul
and 2 steals. give those minutes to hall and let williams rest a few more and we win.why was williams even in the game at that point when he was so exhausted,tatum and hall should have gotten more minutes and williams,hopson and pearl 5 minutes less

well your friend doesnt seem to know hopson really well.Its not an attitude thing with hopson he is one of the quietest players i have ever seen on a bb court , i think your friend doesnt have a clue what hes talking about.Hopsons problem is he cant dribble and has confidence issues.like one poster says he needs alittle more of what williams gave him.

They should make him find his own way back to knoxville after that performance:rock:

He just wants the spotlight on him ALL the time...That was such a horrible shot to take with that much time!! He drives me crazy watching him this year...Example when one of the plays was clearly for wheezy and there is hopson dribbling around for no reason and wheezy was REALLY PISSED at him after that.

No TEAM concept ???? soooooo frustrating :no:

VN Store

Back