Watching this team grow was...

L O S T in Orange

..an amazing sight to see.

Who remembers when we first got Prince and thought he would be a role player at best?

Who remembers Chism in the 06 class? Only one left standing.

Who remembers when we lost Ramar and thought we were screwed at PG with a JUCO?

Who remembers Brian Williams and his complete lack of effort? But we sure knew about how much weight he lost.

Who remembers our awesome 08 class, sure it hasnt panned out completely yet, but theres still time.

All I can say is this is one group of Seniors I am going to miss a ton, and a group of underclassmen that I cant wait to see in action again.

If you arent proud to be a UT basketball fan right now, you never will be. Great run, love our staff, and all the players...and to the SRs, I leave you with this, in the form of our friend JP, its been great, and :salute:

I'm really really proud of this team. They could have laid down at any point this season but they kept going and fighting. I'll never forget this season and this group of guys. Great story and great season.

I'm gonna miss our seniors though. Damn they were a solid group

great post. Watching them come together as a team and to accomplish everything they did was simply amazing. We couldnt have done it without our seniors. There is alot to look forward to with bball for the next few years. GBO

These guys demonstrated a lot more than basketball skills on the court this year.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The thing is this happens every season. Next man up basically. Hopefully Scotty, Brian, and Cam can make that jump.

I'm very very proud of this team. I will miss the seniors dearly. I would have never of said that about JP or Bobby last year. I remember going to see Wayne play in the state playoffs. It's been a pleasure watching him grow these last four years. Today was heartbreaking, but I was very proud of their effort. MSU just came up with a few more loose balls and hit a few more free throws. This team will forever live in Tennessee basketball history.

If I watch 'one shining moment' (like i seem to always end up doing), i may bawl when i see our guys on the highlight reel... just so sad because i never wanted this run to end for these great seniors.

These guys demonstrated a lot more than basketball skills on the court this year.

You, my dear, NAILED IT. Many can and will say what they choose, those 10 or so young men demonstrated the qualities that will help them in all their future endeavors. I think BP learned a lot as well. I'm very proud to be a VOL, and I hurt for the seniors tonight. Thanks men, you did us proud. Best of luck @ the next level.

The way the players stepped it up for the tournament was incredible. I will dearly miss Wayne, J.P., and Bobby, they really came into their own the last half of the season.

After the first half of this season I had about given up hope for Williams, he just had not developed. But his play of late has been outstanding. He will never be on offensive machine, but that is not his role. I could not be more proud of him than I am.

I still have my fingers crossed for Hopson. Maybe something will click, it did take Williams 2 and a half seasons and a suspension for stupidity before he came around.

VN Store

Back