Thoughts on Tennessee

MikeHamiltonFan

1. There will not in the coming decade be an easier path to the title game than the one squandered by UT this year.
2. Bryce Pearl will never have a team with this little talent again. Maze, goins etc are not in the league of golden, ware, Mcrae etc. There is still some concern though because Pearl seems best at coaching up inferior talent. No one wanted b Williams and he looks strong now. Scotty Hopson looks terrible.
3. Bruce Pearl can coach defense. People cried that Pearl was unable to teach halfcourt defense and if anyone still thinks that they are an idiot. Pearl learned ice, taught defense well and can build a long team next year that is fast and comfortable pressing full court or grinding in the halfcourt. Remains to be seen if he will.
4. The program is moving forward. JP is a hero and he and Chris and Maze should be greeted as such tonight at the airport.
5. Brian williams paired with Tobias Harris will create an imposing frontcourt next year. Hopson is the key and it is up to him if he is a lottery pick or goes to Turkey. Cameron Tatum has great potential next year.

Overall great year. Watching missed free throws and two on ones cannot diminish what was accomplished as Pearl out coached Cal, matta, self, both r and g williams, Calhoun etc. If you look at talent and results and question Pearl you are a complete fool. As he brings in 3 or 4 guys with the talent level of Chism per year Tennessee will move to being a low top 10 program which is about 15 to 18 spots higher than we were when Bruce took over.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

1. There will not in the coming decade be an easier path to the title game than the one squandered by UT this year.
2. Bryce Pearl will never have a team with this little talent again. Maze, goins etc are not in the league of golden, ware, Mcrae etc. There is still some concern though because Pearl seems best at coaching up inferior talent. No one wanted b Williams and he looks strong now. Scotty Hopson looks terrible.
3. Bruce Pearl can coach defense. People cried that Pearl was unable to teach halfcourt defense and if anyone still thinks that they are an idiot. Pearl learned ice, taught defense well and can build a long team next year that is fast and comfortable pressing full court or grinding in the halfcourt. Remains to be seen if he will.
4. The program is moving forward. JP is a hero and he and Chris and Maze should be greeted as such tonight at the airport.
5. Brian williams paired with Tobias Harris will create an imposing frontcourt next year. Hopson is the key and it is up to him if he is a lottery pick or goes to Turkey. Cameron Tatum has great potential next year.

Overall great year. Watching missed free throws and two on ones cannot diminish what was accomplished as Pearl out coached Cal, matta, self, both r and g williams, Calhoun etc. If you look at talent and results and question Pearl you are a complete fool. As he brings in 3 or 4 guys with the talent level of Chism per year Tennessee will move to being a low top 10 program which is about 15 to 18 spots higher than we were when Bruce took over.

I like this a lot. We have a lot to look forward to in the coming years. Goins, Hopson, Tatum, Harris, and Williams would be a sick lineup next year.

What a great season! I'm celebrating it with a bottle of champagne and toasting all of the coaches and players!

I want to hear the thoughts on Jerry Wainwright and Bobby Lutz.

Meh, you're no hatvol.

I do not despise the coach. I do not ridicule everyone else or put people on ignore. I do not say that Pearl can't coach defense. I never claimed no chance Pearl could make the elite 8 and in fact I predicted we would make it...so yep I am no hatvol.

So you didn't go into hiding.

PS Totally disagree with #1. You don't know that for sure.

Bruce. Pearl is automatically made Bryce by my Droid and chism becomes Chris. Glad to have the editors show up especially the Guy who said we would not make the ncaas.

I do not despise the coach. I do not ridicule everyone else or put people on ignore. I do not say that Pearl can't coach defense. I never claimed no chance Pearl could make the elite 8 and in fact I predicted we would make it...so yep I am no hatvol.

Yeah, you completely missed the point of my post, to which I am not surprised.

Last edited:
The people who were dead wrong about our team and coach are now out in force pretending they were not
Nice job....you do not know the team you spend hours a week writing about or the coach you hate who completely outclassed your heroes

VN Store

Back