Good game (and season), you rep'd the SEC well

lawgator1

You should be proud of this team and the adversity they overcame, the season they had. Played their guts out.

Thanks, LG

I was very proud of the way they played today.

State was quite impressive, imo. They never went away and did everything they needed to do. But a million congratulations to our Vols! For anyone who is tempted to gripe that we're not going to the final four, did you really think we'd come this far? We were very impressive in this tournament, and it leaves a lot to look forward to starting next year.

State was quite impressive, imo. They never went away and did everything they needed to do. But a million congratulations to our Vols! For anyone who is tempted to gripe that we're not going to the final four, did you really think we'd come this far? We were very impressive in this tournament, and it leaves a lot to look forward to starting next year.

As I said in another thread, I suspect you gained some more fans today around the country.

That was no more of a ticky tacky call than the one that sent Hopsn to the line.

That was no more of a ticky tacky call than the one that sent Hopsn to the line.

You mean the call on Prince at the end, which otherwise would have gone on Williams? I just don't see how anyone can complain about that. If nothing else, the sense that the combined effort by them was a foul, they are going to call it every time.

As I said in another thread, I suspect you gained some more fans today around the country.

As a Spartan who visited I've been impressed. Bruce Pearl is a quality coach who did a masterful job recovering from turmoil to get here. I just saw a team that scrapped, fought, and defended like their lives depended on it. :good!: You've even been gracious hosts of me in your midst. Hopefully the extra exposure and getting over the Elite 8 hump helps you lock down some quality recruits. Programs that do it right should suceed.

I'll probably pop back in around football season.

Last edited:
Yeah, I can only say that I'm proud of both teams today. That was one of the better tournament games by far. Both teams fought and played a scrappy game. Very proud of the vols right now. It hurts, but, man that was a great effort by a team that was supposed to get beat in round #1 by San Diego State on many, many brackets.

My only complaint about it is that I have been watching basketball for a very long time. (Longer than I might want to admit). And I have seen A LOT of games. And there always seems to have been an unwritten rule that in the post season, at the end of a game it's "no blood? no foul." So if you are a defender in that situation, you go after the guy a bit harder knowing the whistle isn't going to blow. Then they pick THAT spot to blow it?

Classy post. It was a tremendous game by both schools. We came so close but I am so proud of our team.

As a Spartan who visited I've been impressed. Bruce Pearl is a quality coach who did a masterful job recovering from turmoil to get here. I just saw a team that scrapped, fought, and defended like their lives depended on it. :good!: You've even been gracious hosts of me in your midst. Hopefully the extra exposure and getting over the Elite 8 hump helps you lock down some quality recruits. Programs that do it right should suceed.

I'll probably pop back in around football season.
Thanks for the classy post. Good luck in the Final Four.

VN Store

Back