Bernard King, Howard Wood, Michael Brooks, Tony White...

Vercingetorix

Fluidmaster
...Dale Ellis, Allan Houston, C.J. Watson, Chris Lofton, JaJuan Smith. I have been watching Tennessee basketball for a long time. But Wayne Chism is pretty damn close to becoming my favorite Vol basketball player of all time. The passion with which he took over that second half with his career on the line was something to see.

I am going to miss that SOB next year. Damn.

Last edited:
Don't you remember when he came in? Part of a heralded recruiting class...him, Ramar Smith, Marques Johnson, Duke Crews...and then Tyler Smith was added the next year..and then J.P....and who is still around of all those?

Wayne and J.P. have carried this team since January 1st, and I'm extremely proud of both of them.

Wayne feels it right now. Here's to him not losing it.

I didn't start following UT basketball until 2001, really. Chris and Wayne are my favorite players in that era.

Wayne feels it right now. Here's to him not losing it.

I didn't start following UT basketball until 2001, really. Chris and Wayne are my favorite players in that era.

Same here. My first year following was Bruce's first year coaching. Just wasn't really much to watch. though I found it interesting that Tennessee has been top 25 in attendance in like the past 15 years. Gotta love this fan base, stuck around even in the hard times.

...Dale Ellis, Allan Houston, C.J. Watson, Chris Lofton, JaJuan Smith. I have been watching Tennessee basketball for a long time. But Wayne Chism is pretty damn close to becoming my favorite Vol basketball player of all time. The passion with which he took over that second half with his career on the line was something to see.

I am going to miss that SOB next year. Damn.

Chism is a very good player and a great guy but, Bernard King is my all time favorite...He was the best I have ever seen play in the SEC!

Last edited:
As much as I love Wayne I still have to say Lofton is my favorite player in the 2000's. Just something about watching him change from being able to catch and shoot and thats it to taking the team onto his back for those two sweet 16's and our first number one ranking ever.

Same here. My first year following was Bruce's first year coaching. Just wasn't really much to watch. though I found it interesting that Tennessee has been top 25 in attendance in like the past 15 years. Gotta love this fan base, stuck around even in the hard times.

You find it interesting because the University fudges the numbers. They used to count all tickets sold. This I can tell you as I am 31 years old and my dad took me to every game through the good and the bad. The announcer would often say 17,000 people were in the TBA and we could look around and there were only about 1500-3000 people. My favorite player was C.J. watson as I was starved for a true point guard. I loved that he was a Gatorade Nevada player of the year and was instantly attatched much for the same reasons folks liked Lofton (besides the ability to drain 3s) was his humble quiet demeanor. I must say my mother who has always went to the games also, her 2 favorite players of all time are Brandon Wharton and none other than Wayne Chism.

A lot of talk about Prince on the highlight reels and in the press, but Wheezy is the real reason we won. I hope we send him out on top.

A lot of talk about Prince on the highlight reels and in the press, but Wheezy is the real reason we won. I hope we send him out on top.
Goins doesn't get enough credit for the rise in his game. He has made an enormous difference in this team.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Wayne and JP have takin this team over.
Williams, Goins, Maze, and Tatum have elevated their game.
This team is dangerous when/if Hopson gets it together.

When he put UT up by five and Ohio State had to call timeout, they showed him coming down the court, and that look he had gave me chills. You could see his face...what Bill Simmons called the "No effin' way we are losing this game tonight" look. He had that look. He was not going home last night no matter what.

Goins doesn't get enough credit for the rise in his game. He has made an enormous difference in this team.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yes he has and I sat near him after game last night and I got to tell him how much I think he has improved this team....his D on Turner was a big factor...

VN Store

Back