We're going to get love from the media now.. how you think this team reacts?

volguess06

to not being the underdog? we've been iffy the whole tourney until now. we're legit now. Its pearl vs izzo.. hopefully we come with the same intensity!

Yeah and I'd like to tell the media (excluding Hubert Davis) to go slob someone else's knob...the Vols didn't need them to beat OSU tonight and they sure don't need them to beat MSU Sunday.

Steve Lavin said that we were a team that "could" win a National Championship...

hate to even mention it, knowing that it could be the kiss of death

I think this team has an us against the world mentality due to all of the lack of respect they have gotten from the media. Here's hoping it motivates them to kick all asses in their path.

I cant believe that we could possibly face Kentucky IF we were to win out, how crazy would that be? I guess it would be great for us seeing as Cal tends to choke in these NC games anyway. Regardless, the team needs to buckle down, focus on Michigan State and take izzo out!!! Go Vols!

I think the team will grin a bit with some of the new lovin' coming their way. But, I think this team might be sayin', "Sorry, sucker, we ain't through proving you wrong just yet".

I still don't think we're going to be considered the underdog. IF we are, it's only because of Lucas being gone. But Izzo is still Izzo and he is a great coach, Michigan State is a great program, and they will probably get the media favor on game day.

I dont think UT gets any love from the media now, they love Michigan St, and everyone will be picking them to win.

I dont think UT gets any love from the media now, they love Michigan St, and everyone will be picking them to win.

Agreed. The media has to support the selection committee, so unless it produces serious hype, the media is gonna go with the higher seed. It rode Cornell for a while, because it needed a good story, but at the end of the day, the media is almost always going to go with the higher seed, especially in these stages of the tournament.

Ya, with MSU and Izzo winning, this is one less thing to worry about.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back