TN v. MI thread

Izzo scares me for sure, but we have the better team. It will most likely go down to the wire again like the OSU game.

I feel like this team we'll be playing is nowhere near the stature of OSU.. but they can def beat us. we'll have to bring the same effort we did tonight and we should win. Izzo is an outstanding coach though so we'll see what happens

Izzo scares me for sure, but we have the better team. It will most likely go down to the wire again like the OSU game.

the coaching scares me a bit, and for a team that should be hurt/hindered with the loss of Lucas, they looked like they were still playing pretty well making some very clutch shots quite often; so they're certainly not a team that's just going to lie down

I think though really all the loss of Lucas did was make it so that they weren't "championship" caliber anymore - like a step or so below teams like UK. They still have enough talent it looks like to beat us

Northern Iowa didn't score a field goal for like the last 12 minutes of the game and only lost by 7...MSU was not that impressive offensively, although both teams were defensively.

MSU was in a drought where they didn't score a bucket for over 8 minutes in the second half, and it was attributed to "N Iowa's stingy defense." I think our defensive play is comparable or better than N. Iowa's... I think that is a positive sign, in the least.

I like the match up with MSU... and don't let the injuries fool you. They can play. The pace will be in UT's favor and UT is more athletic.

Also, working on one day to game plan is hard for both.

They scored 59---they will need around 70 to beat us. I just hope our players bring it. We bring it and Izzo cannot coach a win here. A bad effort puts the ball in his court. It would be nice to knock the Final Four monkey off our back so we can start talking about when we win it all.

Wow...just heard Hubert Davis say that MSU's "big" man is only 6'6. He's the tallest guy in their starting lineup. Chism should have another big time game if we give it to him.

Also of note, with Lucas out, they really only play 6 guys. Should be our 10 v.s. their 6 again.

Wow...just heard Hubert Davis say that MSU's "big" man is only 6'6. He's the tallest guy in their starting lineup. Chism should have another big time game if we give it to him.

Also of note, with Lucas out, they really only play 6 guys. Should be our 10 v.s. their 6 again.

That's wrong. Both Morgan and Roe are 6-8

VN Store

Back