What is Pearl worth now?

BRUCEFAN

I think his current salary is around $2.3 million. After this season, what is Bruce Pearl going to make and will Hamilton try to extend his contract?

We need to pay him whatever it takes, even if we have to sell Neyland Stadium to do it. :dance2:

Doesn't matter right now. UT is going to pay CBP whatever it takes to keep him. As I've said many times, this school DEFINITELY doesn't have an issue paying coaches too little.

I definitely believe he will be given a contract extension probably to the 2016 or 2017 season. I think his salary will go from about 2.3 million to about 2.8 million * + incentives. Potentially up to about 3.3 - 3.5 million after it's all said and done.

this thread only reminmds me of the idiot thread from after the usc loss...something like "end of bruce pearl era". i defended him then, and i will support him now. to all of those who want to jump on the bandwagon, stfu

this thread only reminmds me of the idiot thread from after the usc loss...something like "end of bruce pearl era". i defended him then, and i will support him now. to all of those who want to jump on the bandwagon, stfu

You have got it right. Excellent post.

I've never understood why some people get so hung up on salary. From a fan perspective, it's about wins and losses. Some of the best coaches in that nation don't make top 5 money. So what? I think salary is more dictated by the other coaches in the conference than nationally... or at least it should be. Look at the SEC in football.

I think that he has finally reached the success that his pay demands. He will still likely find a way to make more money out of it, though. I love what Pearl has done this year and if he is willing to learn from it, I would love to keep him around for more years of similar success.

Tennessee has made an Elite 8. With this team.

It doesn't matter. Either way "Summer's Eve" Hamilton will get it wrong. Pearl needed a job/chance. Ernie G went to bat for him. Pearl should be full blooded "ORANGE" by now and should be paid based on both performance and loyalty. His pay should not be something to create loyalty. The chance he got at UT should be the basis for his loyalty.

If he makes the Final Four, then yes, he deserves a pay raise.

VN Store

Back