Ten Thoughts (Finally Elite edition)

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
1. I absolutely ripped Wayne Chism last year. Crushed him. Crow has never tasted so good. He dominated the paint. That's what elite players do.

2. Evan Turner is a heck of a player. I think Wall is great, but Turner sure deserves #1 pick considerations. And that three to put them up by one was huge. UT just played great D late.

3. Scotty Hopson did nothing on offense. Yet he did very well on Diebler. Diebler could barely breathe. Good job.

4. Cam Tatum kept us alive in the 1st half. That was a great job offensively.

5. Melvin and Bobby did well. It was a struggle when they had to guard Turner, but they did very well.

6. Bruce Pearl...that was impressive. You did an excellent job with the gameplan. When they came out with the 1-3-1, you were able to adjust. Last year, you couldn't have done. Yet this year, you made nice adjustments. Great job Coach.

7. Brian Williams played great. Controlled the boards, had the game-winning tip and made an absolutely critical play on Turner defensively. I thought this guy was done. Yet he was the difference late. This kid deserves major props for not only taking advantage of his second chance, but also becoming a better player.

8. If UT makes the Final Four, then I think Bruce deserves coach of the year. I know he won't get any of them, but what he has accomplished this year has been awesome. I'm sold on Bruce Pearl. He still has flaws, but I believe now that he can make UT an elite program.

9. To J.P. Prince: Since you came here, you have been the most maddening player I've ever seen. I never knew what was going to happen with you. It was an absolutely crazy rollercoaster ride that never ended. Yet you have been the MVP of the Tourney. You have been great. You have played smart basketball, excellent D, and played consistenly. You did excellent of offense, and I believe your job on Turner was something else, especially late. A toast to you J.P. You have been excellent.

10. Having said all that praise, UT still needs to realize the goal. You have been awesome so far, yet you are on the cusps of greatness. Don't forget the job is not yet done. Stay focused, be prepared, and get ready to try and do something no UT team has ever done. Ever.

Go Vols! :hi:

Absolutely agree on everything!!!

Especially #10.. They know now.. they have a shot.. they know that.. we have a chance boys.. WE HAVE A CHANCE!!!

The worst thing to happen now is that UT gets all the hype and they relax. If that happens they will get crushed on Sunday.

They need to maintain focus and play harder. practice harder. prepare harder.

Here's to hoping if they do its only for the 1st 5 minutes, then they snap out of it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

1. I absolutely ripped Wayne Chism last year. Crushed him. Crow has never tasted so good. He dominated the paint. That's what elite players do.

2. Evan Turner is a heck of a player. I think Wall is great, but Turner sure deserves #1 pick considerations. And that three to put them up by one was huge. UT just played great D late.

3. Scotty Hopson did nothing on offense. Yet he did very well on Diebler. Diebler could barely breathe. Good job.

4. Cam Tatum kept us alive in the 1st half. That was a great job offensively.

5. Melvin and Bobby did well. It was a struggle when they had to guard Turner, but they did very well.

6. Bruce Pearl...that was impressive. You did an excellent job with the gameplan. When they came out with the 1-3-1, you were able to adjust. Last year, you couldn't have done. Yet this year, you made nice adjustments. Great job Coach.

7. Brian Williams played great. Controlled the boards, had the game-winning tip and made an absolutely critical play on Turner defensively. I thought this guy was done. Yet he was the difference late. This kid deserves major props for not only taking advantage of his second chance, but also becoming a better player.

8. If UT makes the Final Four, then I think Bruce deserves coach of the year. I know he won't get any of them, but what he has accomplished this year has been awesome. I'm sold on Bruce Pearl. He still has flaws, but I believe now that he can make UT an elite program.
9. To J.P. Prince: Since you came here, you have been the most maddening player I've ever seen. I never knew what was going to happen with you. It was an absolutely crazy rollercoaster ride that never ended. Yet you have been the MVP of the Tourney. You have been great. You have played smart basketball, excellent D, and played consistenly. You did excellent of offense, and I believe your job on Turner was something else, especially late. A toast to you J.P. You have been excellent.

10. Having said all that praise, UT still needs to realize the goal. You have been awesome so far, yet you are on the cusps of greatness. Don't forget the job is not yet done. Stay focused, be prepared, and get ready to try and do something no UT team has ever done. Ever.

Go Vols! :hi:

Last time I checked, we are elite NOW!!!!

i cant even believe how proud i am of this team.. but your right the job is not over. there are more milestones yet to achieve. we have to be focused now more than ever. but ill take this team over anybody else in the tournament. i just hope people would please keep doubting us. we thrive as the underdog.

by the way after jp prince got that block and the buzzer went off, me and my dad screamed so loud that we made my 6 year old niece start crying.

Its great to be a Tennessee Vol!

Love the avatar seaoforange... how's being a UT fan near Memphis. Hang in there cause we might just deliver the title Cal couldn't give them

VN Store

Back