Is Prince playing his way into the NBA?

Maybe. I thought years ago he would go pro, but he's been too up and down. Tonight he definitely looked like a contender.

No...I like JP, have always liked him but it doesn't change the fact that he can't shoot in any capacity...he is good at getting to the rim, unless you make him go right.

Like I said, I like the guy and he played out of his mind tonight but I still think he isn't NBA material.

Nope, hes a beast, but realistically he cant shoot and wouldnt even be a great athlete compared to the guys in the nba. However, he is playing his way in to the final 4!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Glad to see JP get another game. He's been one of the most maligned players I've ever witnessed in the Volunteer program and I've been around the program for years. I'm glad to see him perform on the big stage and show he's a fighter and a winner.

The block at the end of the game on Turner made the player of the year look weak and defeated. Prince's drives to the basket almost seemed at will for a large part of the game. I'm anxious to see who the Vols play next, because I don't think UNI has ANYONE that could possibly slow him down if tOSU doesn't... :rock::rock::rock:

No...I like JP, have always liked him but it doesn't change the fact that he can't shoot in any capacity...he is good at getting to the rim, unless you make him go right.

Like I said, I like the guy and he played out of his mind tonight but I still think he isn't NBA material.

I picked JP as the key to Tennessee's season. His outside shot has been atrocious until lately, but I think we have to remember the shoulder injuries. If it is true that he is just now getting healthy, maybe his outside shot can continue to improve in a developmental league. He has hit a few threes lately, so you never know.

I personally think that he would make a good pro if he could hit shots other than dunks on a regular basis.

If J.P. gets to workout with the top point guards or shooting guards in the draft he has the ability to kill them. Offensively he can make passes most big wings can only think of and he can get to the basket at will due to his length and handle. Defensively he can get out into the passing lanes and use his length and dexterity to guard the 1 thru 3 position. He plays like Stacy Augmon. I think he will have some big-time workouts improve his jumper and make it to the NBA.

he might get a look but has to learn to play as well with his right as with his left hand.

oh, and get some sort of shot beyond five feet.... sounds like European material to me but he has been a great Vol.

I was at the Spurs/Lakers game on Wed. night and I have to say that there are plenty of people in the NBA who can't shoot, but are willing to try. There aren't that many who are 6'7" and play lock-down defense, can play up or play down, rebound, etc. I think if he finds the right team, he can contribute in the NBA.

Do you think Prince has any shot at all in the league?
Posted via VolNation Mobile
He might find someone who will let him sit on the end of their bench and guard people in practice. I don't think he will because he sees himself as something of a star and he's never going to get NBA minutes. Nobody's going to listen to his mouth as an 11th or 12th man.

VN Store

Back