Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce

Titanic

King Me
Bruce Pearl Is the Greatest Thing to Hit Tennessee Since ... -- NCAABB FanHouse

As Lana from Archer would say:
lana.jpg

Yuuuup

Last edited:
Hat may not love Bruce but he's a Vol, just like the rest of us. He's probably enjoying the ride. If Bruce wins two more games I think we'll finally be able to put that argument behind us for good.

Chuck and Chernoff were talking basketball this afternoon on 680 in Atlanta, and Pearl's name kept coming up on the wish list for Ga Tech. Chernoff kept shooting it down though, saying Tech couldn't pay him enough and that Tennessee was a better job than GT. That suits me fine. I've always liked Pearl, but I knew he was a keeper after reading the stories about the bball team's trip to Europe.

From 2007: The purposely annoying Bruce Pearl made Tennessee men's - 10.15.07 - SI Vault

As the preseason officially begins this weekend with Midnight Madness festivities on campuses across the country, ask yourself: How many Final Four--caliber coaches...

... take their players to a World War II concentration camp? Most teams visit Caribbean islands on their preseason trips abroad. Not Pearl's Vols, whose tour of Central Europe in August included lectures by a Tennessee history professor and a visit to the Terezin camp near Prague. The discussion topics: racism, anti-Semitism, mob mentality. How was the Holocaust allowed to happen? "Sometimes you're faced with a decision, and it may be difficult," says Pearl, the grandson of Jewish immigrants. "Make the right choice. Do it because it's the right thing. So often that's not what happens. People have gone along with the mob."

It's a lesson, Pearl hopes, that a player can apply to any number of scenarios: turning down drugs at a party, studying on a Thursday night, refusing to cheat on a test. Someday, maybe, the player might even choose to become a whistle-blower.

Pearl is greater than Jesus?....interesting....probably not in the bible belt south b-b-b-baby. I don't mind the comparison though...

All you hatvol defenders are pathetic. When you're wrong you're wrong. And he's been wrong on many, many coaches.

Chuck and Chernoff were talking basketball this afternoon on 680 in Atlanta, and Pearl's name kept coming up on the wish list for Ga Tech. Chernoff kept shooting it down though, saying Tech couldn't pay him enough and that Tennessee was a better job than GT. That suits me fine. I've always liked Pearl, but I knew he was a keeper after reading the stories about the bball team's trip to Europe.

From 2007: The purposely annoying Bruce Pearl made Tennessee men's - 10.15.07 - SI Vault

I loved this as well. And it really hits home this season as some people, i.e. Tyler Smith, chose not to do the right thing.

Good article, good stats (and stats don't lie). I'm not old enough to know about the Mears days but its hard to imagine how Tennessee Basketball could be any better these last five years (save winning five national titles), but realistically speaking, Coach Pearl has given us all reason to be proud of the product on the court.

All you hatvol defenders are pathetic. When you're wrong you're wrong. And he's been wrong on many, many coaches.

I think it's more indefensible for people to keep bringing him up when he has yet to post in this thread. Nine times out of ten, it seems like the arguing starts before he's even arrived. That's just strange to me.

We're one win away from the Elite Eight in what has been a trying season. That's what I'm focusing on.

I love Bruce, but I'd be able to make a better argument for him if he'd stop playing Pearl a ridiculous number of minutes. And stats may not lie, but they certainly can deceive.

VN Store

Back