How are the experts picking OSU?

ERICtheBERRY

Errric Berrrrrry
I have no idea how anyone is expecting the Buckeyes to win this ball game. I'm not saying that it is a lock for the Vols to win, but given the stats, it's tough to think that the Vols aren't favored.

They only go 7-deep and have 7 bench points in this tournament.

Past OSU's top 6, the depth drops off at a rapid pace.

I think that our depth and defense will wear OSU out and by the end of the game, they will be dead tired and the Vols will pull away.
:twocents:

While I think Tennessee will win, I can certainly understand why most people are picking OSU.

I have no idea how anyone is expecting the Buckeyes to win this ball game. I'm not saying that it is a lock for the Vols to win, but given the stats, it's tough to think that the Vols aren't favored.

They only go 7-deep and have 7 bench points in this tournament.

Past OSU's top 6, the depth drops off at a rapid pace.

I think that our depth and defense will wear OSU out and by the end of the game, they will be dead tired and the Vols will pull away.
:twocents:
Experts, being the key word here. These so called "experts" as you call them are the biggest band wagon fans ever. They are all about the team that's hottest at the moment. They flip flop more often than a fish trying to get back in the water. You guys shouldn't let these morons get you so uptight.

Vegas also picked OSU. You can't be surprised. Just be glad it's a good matchup for us.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

if this team plays like they know no one is picking them we will be fine.... hopson, chism ,prince ,and maze or goins all need to be in the teens points wise for us to win

Vegas also picked OSU. You can't be surprised. Just be glad it's a good matchup for us.

Yeah, its not like they are a 2 seed who won their conference and have the POY, while UT is a 6 (although under-seeded) and finished 3rd in their conference. Why on earth would anyone pick them?

Reality is, UT won two tournament games against lower seeds. Be happy that your playing good and OSU is a good matchup. What talking heads on ESPN say doesn't mean a damn thing. If your looking for respect from those guys, your going to be dissapointed.

Well it's said its a lot easier to slow down a fast game pace/style of play then it is to speed up a game where one team is dead set on a slow style. That being said we aren't going to get them winded probably jus by play style alone. If the game pace does slow down although i do have more confindence in this years squad winning a slower paced game b/c we have had to do that a few times this year and past b/c of our players/gaurds especially. If we are going to wear them down in a 1/2 court game we are gonna have to be cutting and moving a lot more on offense instead of 3 up top passing it slowly like we do more then not. I'm sure B.P. has something up his sleeve. Whether or not we can execute will obviously be the key. Hold Turner to 20 or less and be on Lighty like white on rice and we'll be good on D. I personally feel good about our matchups and think IF we can wear them down we'll win easily. I also feel if its a squeeker we can win also. Either way I CAN'T WAIT TILL FRIDAY!

I love how all the Vol fans act like they're the first to notice that OSU only plays 6 guys, and that no other team has ever noticed and devised a strategy to try and exploit that.

Who needs 10 good players when only 5 can be out there at once :p

I think all Vol fans should rest easy with the fact that no one is picking us... First off, it doesn't matter, and second, the team always plays better when no one gives them chance.

I love how all the Vol fans act like they're the first to notice that OSU only plays 6 guys, and that no other team has ever noticed and devised a strategy to try and exploit that.

It's just the opposite of our style as far as playing time. We tend to just rotate guys in and out constantly. Obviously OSU has done fine with their current roster and rotation.

Well if they got a 2 seed by only playing 5 guys - then it most work out pretty well - not like they're scrubs. If this was the 2nd game of the weekend (sunday) then maybe it would come into play more - but they have all week to rest and prepare - shouldn't be that big of an issue considering they've been doing it all year with no bench.

That sounds about right. Whoever wins will have to earn it.

But if it is a washout, we'll be on the ugly end. I'd like to think it has changed, but we still don't have enough heart to overcome early adversity and can mope through a beating. OSU doesn't appear to have that.

A guy like Chiz can help us overcome, but rarely does. I'm hopeful.

I think all Vol fans should rest easy with the fact that no one is picking us... First off, it doesn't matter, and second, the team always plays better when no one gives them chance.

Here we go... "alway better as an underdog," blah blah blah. I believe we weren't favored against Kentucky in the SEC tourney. That worked out well.

I think I saw the line as 4 - 4.5 earlier. It would help to get Evan Turner in foul trouble ( charges?) early on, but them having 4 guards that can knock it down is no easy feat. I have the Vols winning this one, but I am also betting with my heart.

If Hopson would bring his game this wkd and play like he is capable of playing it would be a great day. He has the swagger of a pro but the game of an amateur lately. Look back at the Kansas game how well he played. He needs to put some fire and motivation in his game.

Agree with you 100%. This is going to be the best game of the Sweet 16. Can't wait to hang out with my three Buckeye friends here, sip a few cold ones and cheer the Orange onto victory! :rock:

VN Store

Back