ESPN says...

Scottyhop

Ohio State

When They Will Lose: "A talented team that goes 10-deep has the ironman Buckeyes sucking wind."

Sounds like a team I know...

I think the key to this game is guarding Diebler and the 3 point shot. Turner's going drop his 20+ points but if we can reduce the amount of good looks that there shooters get and rebound, I truly believe that we will win this game. When we take ohio state out of there element and force there 4 guard look to change there style of play and use up the entire shot clock, we will also tire out there starters and advance to the elite 8.

You may see the press come out this weekend. If not against OSU, maybe against MSU (could be without starting PG) or UNI (had a lot of trouble with KU press).

Ohio State will lose when they get in foul trouble or lose a key player to injury or miss wide open shots the whole game - like the did against North Carolina early in the season.

They will not lose because of a press or against a team that goes 10 deep. It's been that way all year.

Ohio State will lose when they get in foul trouble or lose a key player to injury or miss wide open shots the whole game - like the did against North Carolina early in the season.

They will not lose because of a press or against a team that goes 10 deep. It's been that way all year.

in all fairness I dont think evan turner was healthy when they played North carolina. I think the key is to feed the beast Wayne Chim down low.

Best thing about this game is that they're thin and they rely heavily on the 3 ball. Tennessee is fairly deep and uses their bench. They're also one of the best against defending the 3 ball. If the Vols come to play this friday night they'll probably beat OSU. Tennesee's length will bother OSU just like the other team from Ohio.

If Tennessee runs like they did in the first half against San Diego State for the whole game, we win.

I tell you this Ohio State does not want to get into a run and gun match with UT....That is when we are at our best...

This Ohio State team is SMALL...There biggest player is like 6'7...I think to win this game we have to go downlow and get into the paint. We are extremely effective inside the paint...

This game will come down to UT guarding the perimeter and forcing Ohio State into tough shots...We should win the boards hands down with Chism and Williams...We need a big defensive game from the guards and from Scotty and JP

I really think JP can lock down Turner and I think JP plays the best against the best Competition. THIS WEEK IS YOUR CHANCE JP show the world how to STOP Turner...If he does then we can really control this game. Their whole offense runs through Turner..

I tell you this Ohio State does not want to get into a run and gun match with UT....That is when we are at our best...

This Ohio State team is SMALL...There biggest player is like 6'7...I think to win this game we have to go downlow and get into the paint. We are extremely effective inside the paint...

This game will come down to UT guarding the perimeter and forcing Ohio State into tough shots...We should win the boards hands down with Chism and Williams...We need a big defensive game from the guards and from Scotty and JP

I really think JP can lock down Turner and I think JP plays the best against the best Competition. THIS WEEK IS YOUR CHANCE JP show the world how to STOP Turner...If he does then we can really control this game. Their whole offense runs through Turner..

I don't think there is a player in the nation who can single handily lock down Turner...the guy has skills we haven't seen all year long, considering he led the big ten in scoring and rebounding, and the Vols have to be careful not to get JP into foul trouble as well as he is playing right now.

This team is not the other team from Ohio. One finished 9th in the MAC, the other won the Big 10 regular season and tournament. Most teams have more length than Ohio State - that is nothing new. They also have a shot blocker in Lauderdale, so Chism might want to take his game outside. Turner was healthy when Ohio State played UNC. It's just that the team couldn't throw it in the ocean that night.

Incorrect on the bolded text. Ohio State has more length on the perimeter than most teams can handle. The four guards are 6'5", 6'5", 6'6" and 6'7". Lauderdale in the middle is 6'8" but he has the wingspan of a 7 footer at 7'5". He's quick off his feet and his exceptionally long arms coupled with his quick jumping make him a very good shot blocker.

David Lighty will guard one Tennessee inside player. As a freshman he shut down Jeff Green of Georgetown in the Final Four.

The key to me is whether Tennessee adapts their lineup to matchup with the four guards or if they play two bigs. It's going to be tough for one of your big men to come outside on defense IMO so that (to me) means that Tennessee will run a zone defense.

It should be a great game. Best of luck but not too much. :rock:

All I've got to say is offensive rebounding. If we get offensive rebounds and use our length to our advantage i think we win the game

I love Tennessee's size and length in this match up. I feel like it's theirs to lose.

I say that because I think Ohio State will have to shoot lights out and or get lucky with balls bouncing their way on rebounds/loose balls.

I don't think Tennessee will beat themselves in this one.

i think steven pearl and wolridge play alot of minutes. Big baby needs to lock down the paint

This team is not the other team from Ohio. One finished 9th in the MAC, the other won the Big 10 regular season and tournament. Most teams have more length than Ohio State - that is nothing new. They also have a shot blocker in Lauderdale, so Chism might want to take his game outside. Turner was healthy when Ohio State played UNC. It's just that the team couldn't throw it in the ocean that night.

wayne doesnt not get very many shots blocked against the best big men, he's got moves down low.... Lauderdale will not stop him. we had 58 in the paint against ohio just after the half. be ready for that.

Incorrect on the bolded text. Ohio State has more length on the perimeter than most teams can handle. The four guards are 6'5", 6'5", 6'6" and 6'7". Lauderdale in the middle is 6'8" but he has the wingspan of a 7 footer at 7'5". He's quick off his feet and his exceptionally long arms coupled with his quick jumping make him a very good shot blocker.

David Lighty will guard one Tennessee inside player. As a freshman he shut down Jeff Green of Georgetown in the Final Four.

The key to me is whether Tennessee adapts their lineup to matchup with the four guards or if they play two bigs. It's going to be tough for one of your big men to come outside on defense IMO so that (to me) means that Tennessee will run a zone defense.

It should be a great game. Best of luck but not too much. :rock:

Not true, Chism comes to the arch all the time in defense. Hes fast for a guy who is 6'11, Your team is short compared to ours, our short starters are 6'7... We will play the two bigs down low, just like we did against Ohio. Our team is really quick and aggressive on defense, they will force your players to take poor shots. We, on average, have kept FG% for opponents under 30% for the season. Diegler isnt gonna get the looks he got against Gtech, We put hands in shooters faces.

VN Store

Back