Ohio State fan’s take on the game

volwarrior33

UK is more talented than you and the better team and we beat them by 9.

UK is a lot younger than OSU, less mature, and does not shoot the ball nearly as well as OSU does. OSU will worry about UK when it comes time, and not until then. UK is not as versatile as OSU is, and does not have the 4-headed Guard monster that OSU has. OSU is not depending on any Freshman, and that is key. OSU had a load of talent when Oden and Conley were here, but they were also Freshman and in the end the inexperience hurt them in the National Championship game. OSUI is a tougher matchup with this years team than they were with the Oden-Conley team.

I watched OSU today, the Big 10 championship game, and the MSU game. OSU had 0 bench points today compared to Tennecleats 28 yesterday.

You don't understand why this is a strength for OSU and not a weakness. Evan Turner is the best player in America. We are not talking about future potential, but talking about who is most ready right now to lead their team on the biggest stage. Most experts give that nod to Turner over Wall or anyone else. Turner, Buford, Lighty, and Diebler have been playing 38 to 40 minutes and there is not another team with four Guards in the country who can match up with them. Even worse for teams is when they go to the Bench the difference is even bigger. The College TV timeouts every 4 minutes give these guys a several minute break and playing 40 minutes is no problem at all. Thus when Tennecleats goes to the Bench for subs they are at a bigger disadvantage as OSU still has their starters in and there is no slowdown with these guys playing the whole game. They do it game after game and have zero problems doing it. I would take Purdue and MSU over Tennecleats as they both are more disciplined and fundamentally sound.

We do not play fast unless teams are stupid enough to press us like Ohio yesterday, which turned into an alley oop fest.

Ohio University finished 9th in the MAC Conference. They got red hot against Georgetown and Georgetown did not have the Guards to match up with them. The Big East is showing they were much overrated.

Length shouldn't be a problem as we are 6'7 on the wings. Turner will get his, the key will be Diebler and Buford. If they are bothered by our length(we're 8th in nation in 3P defense) then I like Tennecleats chances.

As said before you will find out that you have not played a team like OSU all year. You have four different players who can handle the ball, shoot lights out, take the ball to the hole, and who are long and can defend. On top of it all they have big time experience to go with the talent which is a very rare combination in college basketball these days.

If Evan Turner does not get hurt OSU was an easy 1 seed and very possibly the favorite to win it all coming into the Tournament. That doesn't mean OSU is a lock to win it all, but it will take OSU not shooting well and getting into foul trouble to get beat. Tenncleats will not stop OSU. This game is much more about how OSU plasy rather than anything Tennecleats i going to be able to do to them.

BTW Kentucky below out Tennecleats by 29 points the last time they played. When Kentucky played their game their was no contest. This game is not being played on Tennecleats Home Floor. Great teams don't get blown out by 29 points. Great teams do not get beat by scores like the 74-45 beatdown that UK put on Tennecleats. As said you have a fighters chance. That is why they play the game as you could catch OSU having a one in 50 type of game where everyone is cold on the same night, and/or several key Buckeyes foul out. If both teams play up to their abilities OSU wins by 10 to 15 points IMO.

Thoughts?

I know experience is great, but I'd trade Turner and that experience for Oden, Conley, and Cook in a heartbeat.

I do think OSU wins this game. I just feel like they're better, but Tennessee has pulled far more surprising upsets so hopefully they repeat that.

What is Tennecleats? Sounds more like he is talking about our football program with the cleats in there. I dunno. If we lose, I hope they play UK. We'll see how well their "great" program holds up against them. And every arena that UK is in from here on will be more Blue than anything else. I sure hope we win and send Ohio State home.

What is Tennecleats? Sounds more like he is talking about our football program with the cleats in there. I dunno. If we lose, I hope they play UK. We'll see how well their "great" program holds up against them. And every arena that UK is in from here on will be more Blue than anything else. I sure hope we win and send Ohio State home.

UK loses to Cornell.

I always hated hearing Tennecleats or Tennecheat. It's so lame as is about every other made-up nickname for a school.

Anyway, I think OSU wins a fairly close game. UT has some lengthy guys who can make it tough for Turner but I think Chism/Williams will get in foul trouble. I know some have picked OSU to win it all but I don't think they can sustain their level of play that many games especially against other teams with dominant big guys. Lack of low post defenders and their guards failing to catch fire will cost them a game.

these ohio state fans never experienced 8 on 5,MVP tony greene(ref)

if the refs would call it fair and how it should be called then the game would have been closer(maybe won) then the score said

And the OSU fan once again proves the arrogance of their fanbase.
I'm not saying that OSU fans aren't arrogant, but I'm surprised at how confident some people here are... Not that there is really anything wrong with having confidence in the team...

I'm not saying that OSU fans aren't arrogant, but I'm surprised at how confident some people here are... Not that there is really anything wrong with having confidence in the team...

I was more singling out the OSU fan's take on the game in that post. We have a fighting chance, but I'm not counting on a win.

I think he is overestimating their stamina. We have the tendency of wearing even the best teams down with our 10 man rotation. The UK debacle was the product of immature kids getting down on themselves because every possible call was going UKs way. Not saying thats right and Im not saying it couldnt happen again. The game could go either way, but by no means is OSU a dominant team like OP OSU fan claims. When Evan Turner was out, they were mediocre at best. I see it as a weakness of a team to rely so heavily on a single player. When we lost Tyler Smith, we got better IMHO, TIFWIW...

I do think OSU wins this game. I just feel like they're better, but Tennessee has pulled far more surprising upsets so hopefully they repeat that.

So I take it you are rooting for Tennessee over Ohio State then?

The Vols on this team that were around remember losing to OSU a couple years ago after having them on the ropes. Bruce Pearl will have them ready like he always does when it comes big game time, and Chism and Prince step up big. Tennessee is going to win this game.

Wow this guys an idiot. They could have lost to Georgia Tech today if they didn't turn the ball over like crazy.

Not saying were going to win, but if this guys is so confident OSU is only a -4.5 favorite. I know if I thought like him I would be betting a boat load, but that logic is INSANE. Having no bench is a strength? How silly of Kansas, if only they would have played their best 5 the whole game all year they would still be in the tournament.

Another point, OSU hasn't beaten anyone. Their only good win was Purdue. They beat MSU without Lucas. Its funny how the committee excused OSUs losses without Turner, but didn't look at the fact that have one major win.

My thoughts are that the original post is goofy. It sounds like the same guy asking the questions and answering. I've never heard the nickname 'Tennecleats' before - I guess it's supposed to suggest that we are a football school and not basketball? Either way, I find it interesting and weird that both the guy asking the questions and the guy answering them use the nickname Tennecleats.

Why do you want to put up this Jim Rome-style interview with some nameless Ohio State fan anyway?

The whole thing is silly.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back