JP Prince vs Evan Turner

Griffmann

Can anyone remember specific examples of JP on the other team's start player (good or bad)? I'm drawing a blank right now but I know he's been the primary defender on some tough competition in the past.

Also I haven't been able to see any of Ohio State's games, unfortunately, so I haven't really seen Turner play. Does JP have the speed & skill to keep up with him?

I have seen both teams play a lot... Ohio State plays small, you won't be able to play Chism and Williams at the same time. OSU has 3 guys that can beat you off the dribble and a deadly 3 point shooter.

Prince could try and D up on Turner but hes going to get his 20-30 points no matter what. What Bruce should consider doing is picking up man to man full court and try force turnovers.

The key usually for OSU is Buford and Diebler. If they are hitting from deep you don't stand a chance. But if they are off, and you can get Lauderdale in some foul trouble you can pull off the upset

I have seen both teams play a lot... Ohio State plays small, you won't be able to play Chism and Williams at the same time. OSU has 3 guys that can beat you off the dribble and a deadly 3 point shooter.

Prince could try and D up on Turner but hes going to get his 20-30 points no matter what. What Bruce should consider doing is picking up man to man full court and try force turnovers.

The key usually for OSU is Buford and Diebler. If they are hitting from deep you don't stand a chance. But if they are off, and you can get Lauderdale in some foul trouble you can pull off the upset

so what do you think happens?

When games are close at the end which I expect this to be, Great Plyers take over, and Tennessee doesn't have a great player, let alone a go to guy. So I like Ohio State by 4-6 points

can't argue with that but the way Prince has been playing i think he could be our go to guy, IMO

For whatever reason JP is the type of player that usually plays up or down to his opponent's level. I think he shows up Friday and does an admirable job on Turner.

Can anyone remember specific examples of JP on the other team's start player (good or bad)? I'm drawing a blank right now but I know he's been the primary defender on some tough competition in the past.

Also I haven't been able to see any of Ohio State's games, unfortunately, so I haven't really seen Turner play. Does JP have the speed & skill to keep up with him?

Are you for real? Amnesia? How about this past Thursday night on Leonard from SDSU? Held him to 12 points. They are about the same size -- Leonard is more physical than Turner, but Turner is more versatile.

I know Ohio State is good. I know for a fact that we are good. But how are we such big underdogs? Sure Evan Turner is one of the best players in the nation, but we have played better teams this year. And we have beat those BETTER teams. We match-up well against these guys. All they have is Turner. We are a TEAM. Ohio State seems to be like a one man team with a cast of role players. I like our chances vol nation. Just sayin......

I know Ohio State is good. I know for a fact that we are good. But how are we such big underdogs? Sure Evan Turner is one of the best players in the nation, but we have played better teams this year. And we have beat those BETTER teams. We match-up well against these guys. All they have is Turner. We are a TEAM. Ohio State seems to be like a one man team with a cast of role players. I like our chances vol nation. Just sayin......

Media hype.

I don't think this OSU team is as good as ESPN etc. tells us they are. I feel we have a good shot of winning this game as long as we don't turn the ball over, should be able to pound them inside.

I don't like our chances in this one. Turner could easily go for 50 on us.

Use the bench to wear down the only 6 that play for them. That is where we have the advantage. That and the fact that Bruce can play the underdog card again.

I really like Tennessee's chance against Ohio State. The media has overhyped Ohio State for the past few months. Their RPI has been and still is in the mid 20's while Tennesse's has been consistently around 15 RPI. Also we have a much tougher SOS (19) compared to the Buckeyes 63. Plus I feel like Bruce will get them pumped up to to get revenge for our previous sweet sixteen defeat, and if we get up by 20 again halftime, Bruce will be able to close them out.

Do you watch Tennessee basketball?

Have you watched any basketball outside of the Vols this year?

I was blatantly exaggerating how many points Turner would put up, but as SGMVols pointed out, if Prince gets into foul trouble, Turner will have a huge day.

Have you watched any basketball outside of the Vols this year?

I was blatantly exaggerating how many points Turner would put up, but as SGMVols pointed out, if Prince gets into foul trouble, Turner will have a huge day.

Yeah i follow college basketball pretty well. I also know that it took two overtime games in the big ten tournament to beat lesser teams. Hopson, Prince, and hell even Cam Tatum can guard this Turner guy. Sorry but big ten basketball aint **** if you ask me.

VN Store

Back