Michigan St. or Northern Iowa?

OrangeNehi

Assuming we beat Ohio State, which team in the other bracket would offer us the best matchups -- Michigan St. or Northern Iowa? And who of last year's Final Four team is back for Michigan State?

PG Kalin Lucas, SG Durrel Summers SF Raymar Morgan PF Delvon Roe are all back from the final four team

however Lucas (their best player) hurt his ankle today and is likely done for the year

Its the same exact team except for Goran Suton.

The loss of Lucas will make a big difference though. I just hope we make it to Sunday. Ohio State is the big test. If we somehow beat them, our task is not overlooking MSU or UNI. We're better than both.

It don't matter because UNI IS GONNA BEAT MICH ST., just like they beat Kansas. I want Tennessee to win it all by all means but if we get to the elite eight and lose, I hope UNI wins the national championship(over St. Mary's). Wouldn't that be funny, two cinderellas playing each other for the title.

Assuming we beat Ohio State, which team in the other bracket would offer us the best matchups -- Michigan St. or Northern Iowa? And who of last year's Final Four team is back for Michigan State?

If we beat Ohio State, then your question is irrelevant, as neither of those 2 are as good as OSU.

The loss of Lucas will make a big difference though. I just hope we make it to Sunday. Ohio State is the big test. If we somehow beat them, our task is not overlooking MSU or UNI. We're better than both.

Northern Iowa is playing with a lot of confidence. I saw an interview with the UNI coach, and he said this team expects to win every time out. If a team with a lot of heart really believes that, they could be a handful. I like UNI to beat Michigan St.

We really just need to get by Ohio State first. Oh and kidbourbon, Brooke Burke has always been a favorite. Mmmmmm.

Would probably rather play Michigan State. It looks like they will be without Lucas, their PG. He was last year's Big 10 POY. Must get by Ohio State first.

lol What does it matter if WE (the fans) look ahead? We're not the ones playing the game. If the players look ahead, yea that's a problem. I'm pretty sure us thinking about the possible next round matchup will not effect the outcome against Ohio St. "You know if so and so on Vol Nation would have been focused on Ohio St....we might have played better." lol Come On.

I think we would be better off playing Michigan State. But like has been said before IF we knock off Ohio St then we will have beaten a team that is much better than MSU or NI

Personally, I would never want to choose to play a Izzo team in the dance. He always has his team prepared. I think No Iowa would be the best choice if they make it to the final 8. The only problem is, we play according to the name on the other team usually. I think our guys may be more fired up against Mich St only because of the high profile name. my 2pennies

lol What does it matter if WE (the fans) look ahead? We're not the ones playing the game. If the players look ahead, yea that's a problem. I'm pretty sure us thinking about the possible next round matchup will not effect the outcome against Ohio St. "You know if so and so on Vol Nation would have been focused on Ohio St....we might have played better." lol Come On.

True...

There isn't one person on this board who hasn't thought about who they're gonna root for in the MSU-NI game already.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The winner of the Vols/Bucks game beats whoever wins the other game - most likely UNI. Michigan St wont be able to compete without Lucas - it will be similar to what happened when they played Illinois earlier this year.

The winner of the Vols/Bucks game beats whoever wins the other game - most likely UNI. Michigan St wont be able to compete without Lucas - it will be similar to what happened when they played Illinois earlier this year.

I think that scenario is likely. I think Northern Iowa is a better team than Maryland.

VN Store

Back