The two keys to the game....

tennesseefan31

1. How well can JP contain evan turner? we all know he can be a helluva defender when he brings his A game, but how will he match up with the ultra versatile turner? if he can contain turner tennessee has a huge advantage.

2. How well can Wayne guard diebler (if thats the route Bruce chooses)? If he can just be there on the catch with a hand in dieblers face, i think his length will give diebler a tough time. Also it will be key for us to take advantage of the fact that Lighty/ diebler/ buford/ turner will be guarding wayne or williams in the post. If we can pound it inside and get offensive boards, we have a huge advantage.

Thoughts???

We really should dominate down low. OSU just doesn't have the size. I noticed they were doubling Techs bigs today which they will likely do to us. Someone will be open, and we have to find them and get easy buckets. Turner will get his, but the key in my opinion will be shutting down Diebler. OSU tends to go on runs when he is open and nails 3's. We must find him in transition. I think we will do a decent job on Lighty and Buford.

Diebler is a streaky shooter. If he doesn't get squared, he won't make many. But he can't drive it, so we should have someone right up in his grill.

i'd put lauderdale on chism and put turner on bwill.

bwill has been playing great as of late... but he is no scorer down low even with his height advantage over turner. it would be an easy guard for turner. but bwill should crush him on the boards.

Ohio State is tough to guard but they didn't look like it against Ga Tech. Four fine outside shooters, three of them can put it on the floor. Buford was a no-show. No way Diebler will be checking Chism. That will be either Lauderdale or possibly Lighty. This game should be a dandy. Turner is a tough matchup for anyone. If he's not scoring, he's dishing to someone else who is.

just cant see us winning this one guys. itll be a HUGE upset if we win this :eek:

Key for us is bench production. If we can get some solid bench production so we can stay fresher longer it would be huge. From what I have seen from OSU (which isn't much) they don't have much of a bench. Other than that post play will be crucial. Come on Brian William rise to the occasion if you and Chism could get going down low it would improve our chances of winning big time.

Key for us is bench production. If we can get some solid bench production so we can stay fresher longer it would be huge. From what I have seen from OSU (which isn't much) they don't have much of a bench. Other than that post play will be crucial. Come on Brian William rise to the occasion if you and Chism could get going down low it would improve our chances of winning big time.

+1

They only play 6-7 guys. Our bench (cam, melvin, pearl, probably bone) will be huge advantage. This is exactly why CBP plays so many guys! I actually like the matchup.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

+1

They only play 6-7 guys. Our bench (cam, melvin, pearl, probably bone) will be huge advantage. This is exactly why CBP plays so many guys! I actually like the matchup.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

everyone except Pearl...LOL

VN Store

Back