Brian Williams . . .

Oldblood

Go Vols
deserves his own thread. He's been absolutely great down the stretch down low. I know a lot of us are frustrated with his ability to finish sometimes, but he is a great rebounder and defender, and finished much better against Ohio.

He's averaging 9 rebounds in the last 6 games, and he's looking better each game. With both Chism and Williams down low, we match up favorably in the post with almost every team remaining.

He's gotta be pretty close to averaging about 9 or 10 points in the past few games right? Seems like he is always flirting with a double-double.

deserves his own thread. He's been absolutely great down the stretch down low. I know a lot of us are frustrated with his ability to finish sometimes, but he is a great rebounder and defender, and finished much better against Ohio.

He's averaging 9 rebounds in the last 6 games, and he's looking better each game. With both Chism and Williams down low, we match up favorably in the post with almost every team remaining.

Agreed, but still, I would like to see him play like he owns the low post and not like the last kid picked on the playground. Here's a hint Brian: use that big a$$ to move people out of the way and then stuff it down their throats. Act like they stole the Twinkies out of your lunch.

If he owned the low post, Chism could be a serious force to be reckoned with at PF not to mention the opportunities created for JP.

A 2nd chance has made him better IMO. Same with Cam and Melven. I can't wait to see Harris and Williams down low next year.

Brian does play a little soft for his size but I think we are all very happy with his recent performances...if he continues playing like he has UT will be tough to beat.

I'm really disappointed that CBS didn't give us a chance to see his Bruce Pearl imitation..

Agreed, but still, I would like to see him play like he owns the low post and not like the last kid picked on the playground. Here's a hint Brian: use that big a$$ to move people out of the way and then stuff it down their throats. Act like they stole the Twinkies out of your lunch.

If he owned the low post, Chism could be a serious force to be reckoned with at PF not to mention the opportunities created for JP.

Couldnt be said any better!

Has he been told by UT's Risk Department that dunking is not permissible?

He acts as if he threw one down, the rafters might collapse. Never seen so many bunnies missed in my life. That said, he is a big space eater.

He has done better than I give him credit for I admit that. The thing that frustrates me about him is that he has hands like frying pans. He bobbles and loses so many passes thrown his way. But he does do a good job rebounding and got some good second chance put backs against ohio.

I like his defense. Here's my thoughts on his offensive game. He's just not as athletic as some of the other guys, and seems a half a step behind when JP, Wayne, and some of the other players when they start freelancing. He appears to do a little better on set plays. He also plays a little timid, and I believe these facts lead to some of the offensive fouls being called on him. The officials that will sometimes let an aggressive guy get the benefit of a close call, but will almost always blow a whistle on a guy that looks like he didn't mean to do it. Having said that, I also think he's getting better, and I'm glad we have him.

He needs to go to the Omar Samhan School of Post Play...

What a weapon he would be for this team if he played like Samhan...

Nice post but Williams has to be more consistent with his offensive play.

Part of Brian's problem is that he hasn't been playing highly competitive basketball all of his life like a lot of these guys. I mean, didn't he weight about 120 pounds more when he first came to UT? I think he is at least one example of this coaching staff developing a player.

Yes, he does and he has incredible foot work that gives him the ability to get to the hole..You can teach that...The announcers said a couple of times that sometimes it takes big men awhile to flourish and that he worked on his game alot...Big Baby can use Samhan as an example if he wants to be a dominant post player...He and Samhan are about the same size..Samhan is listed at 6'11" 265lbs where Williams is listed at 6'10" 278lbs...

he was a project comin in and he is gettin better, if he puts in the work he could be really good

I'm just proud of the young man making the most of a 2nd chance. So many of these guys don't learn the 1st time, but I think he gets it. Has played totally different since he's been back. GBO

VN Store

Back