I would love to play Ga. Tech

Wise-Vol

Their guard play is terrible. They turn the ball over without the defense even politely asking for it.

On the other hand, Ohio State doesn't look that much better. For the first half, OSU has basically been Turner going 1 on 5 to keep Ohio State in the game and now take the lead. And they act like they are trying to win a turnover contest with Georgia Tech.

What I don't like as I peek around the corner is how Michigan State is dominating Maryland. I haven't seen Maryland play this season, but understand they are supposed to be similar to us.

I also don't like what I'm seeing from the officiating in the Ga. Tech/OSU game. How long can the NCAA go with having their top seeds bounced game after game? I'm sure they'd much rather have Ohio State or Michigan State in the Final Four than Northern Iowa or Tennessee.

I'm the complete opposite. What makes us go? Our post play. Lawal and Favors would get us in foul trouble. I don't want to deal with them. I want Ohio State.

So far, it appears both GT and OSU are flat today. Does this mean they will be on their game when they play us? Hope not.

My wife is a GT alum so I am hoping for OSU. I think GT is a more athletic team that would give UT a better game.

I think we'll have to play very well to beat either team, but I don't think that either of those teams can beat us if we play our best.

I'm the complete opposite. What makes us go? Our post play. Lawal and Favors would get us in foul trouble. I don't want to deal with them. I want Ohio State.

One could also argue that we are at our best in transition and Ga. Tech's guards are turnover machines. Plus, against a much smaller Ohio State team, it is Georgia Tech (not Ohio State) that is in foul trouble in the low post.

I also don't want a repeat of the 8 on 5 game we had to play in the Sweet 16 against Ohio State a few years ago. If OSU didn't set the NCAA record for FTA in a half in that game, they might this time.

One could also argue that we are at our best in transition and Ga. Tech's guards are turnover machines. Plus, against a much smaller Ohio State team, it is Georgia Tech (not Ohio State) that is in foul trouble in the low post.

I also don't want a repeat of the 8 on 5 game we had to play in the Sweet 16 against Ohio State a few years ago. If OSU didn't set the NCAA record for FTA in a half in that game, they might this time.

I don't buy into conspiracy theories with referees. Ohio state only plays 6 guys. That favors us, in addition to their weak post play. I do like that Georgia Tech's guards turn it over, but their athleticism matches up well with us.

Considering Chism is the only real solid post defender we have. Having to deal with one of the best 1-2 low post scoring combinations in the country would not bode well for our chances of advancing.

I think Bobby can do a great job defending Turner. disrupting him when he is advancing the ball down the court, it looks like he has trouble with that. GT is big inside but get in foul trouble. and Both have trouble controlling the ball. Who ever we pplay it will be a good game

I think Bobby can do a great job defending Turner. disrupting him when he is advancing the ball down the court, it looks like he has trouble with that. GT is big inside but get in foul trouble. and Both have trouble controlling the ball. Who ever we pplay it will be a good game

Turner would kill Maze. Prince would be UT's best chance.

If we put Bobby on Turner he is just gonna post him up all day. I think Bobby would guard Diebler.

Prince....

Exactly! I really like JP's chances on Turner. For all the dumb fouls he commits he is one of our best defenders. The question becomes who's gonna guard us? Maze and Goins have quickness on Deibler and Scotty has size. Lighty is guarding GT's bigs for some reason at 6'5". They have no true PG and their post presence is marginal at best with Lauderdale.

I think we can play with OSU, but I would love for a 10 seed to be what stands in the way of the Elite 8.

Watching parts of the OSU/GT game, GT is doing a pretty good job of shutting themselves down.

VN Store

Back