Bruce Pearl > Bill Self?

Obviously, Bill Self is better. He has done so much more this year with much less talent. He was able to take this team to the round of 32 before getting put out. The loss at Tennessee notwithstanding, it appeared that Self outcoached Pearl in Knoxville, even in defeat. Every knowlegeable poster on this board knows that Pearl can't coach; just ask them! Further, Pearl had the advantage of recruiting to tradition rich Tennessee, rather than Kansas. Who would want to play there?

Absolutely not...this is ridiculous. Look at the body of work. What seed is USC? Oh yeah, they weren't invited. Last time I checked, UNI was. Self has a title. Pearl has yet to win the SEC Tourney....

Lets talk in another 5 years and see what their resumes look like...

Absolutely not...this is ridiculous. Look at the body of work. What seed is USC? Oh yeah, they weren't invited. Last time I checked, UNI was. Self has a title. Pearl has yet to win the SEC Tourney....

Lets talk in another 5 years and see what their resumes look like...

yeah it looks like this was more of a joke thread

and maybe you bit off a little too hard

yeah it looks like this was more of a joke thread

and maybe you bit off a little too hard

My response was directed at Shyster who either totally screwed up trying to be sarcastic or was dead serious. I thought I quoted his post...sorry. I totally got the whole tongue in cheeck thing from the OP...not a COMPLETE idiot...lol.

Again, I meant to quote Shyster's post.

Obviously, Bill Self is better. He has done so much more this year with much less talent. He was able to take this team to the round of 32 before getting put out. The loss at Tennessee notwithstanding, it appeared that Self outcoached Pearl in Knoxville, even in defeat. Every knowlegeable poster on this board knows that Pearl can't coach; just ask them! Further, Pearl had the advantage of recruiting to tradition rich Tennessee, rather than Kansas. Who would want to play there?

Self does have a national championship on his resume.

Bruce has been better this season, I don't think anyone would question that. Self is still ahead of him overall. (I know Bruce has a championship in Division II, but that's not the same thing.)

Now, if Bruce wins four more games, he moves ahead. If he wins two more, he's got an argument.

What scares me is people like this get to vote and get a driver's license.

The thought of them spawning...

Bill Self is probably sad about losing last night...but I'm sure he can admire that NC ring he has in the near future.

what worries me is that he may have been joking and we weren't smart enough to get it. His last sentence about Tennessee having more basketball tradition than Kansas can't be serious....can it?

SPAWNING??? Wow, I'm more creeped out by the fact there are fish posting on this board!

As good of a job as Self did last year, he did an equally bad job this year. Sherron Collins choked. And, I couldn't be happier for him! :dance2::rock::dance2:

And I'm pretty sure shyster was being a shyster. This was supposed to be a fun-time-thread but some peoples gotta takes everthing so serious....

Last edited:
I'd like to see what Pearl would do if he had the talent Kansas had this year.

Imagine the epic VolNation meltdown we'd have if he lost in the second round?

Ouch, Voldaddy, that hurts! Don't know how you can argue that Pearl is better than Self this year. Look at the talent. Self has had to compete with a no talent team. And he was still able to make it to the second round before running into tradion rich UNI. He also had a run of bad luck, like being a number one seed this year. Everyone knows that being a one seed puts a target on your back that is almost impossible to overcome. I don't know how Kentucky made it out of round one. He had more bad luck running into Tennessee just after January 1. Sure four players were put off the team. But that only opened the door for the more talented McBee and Woolridge to play. Talk about bad luck. I'm sure this was only the first time that any of his teams have not made it past the round of 32. I haven't had time to check this fact; I've been too busy looking for a Doctor who can perform a vascetomy too alleviate your worries about spawning. As to voting, don't you have to pass some type of a test to do that? And you have to have a license to drive? Who knew?

One other thing. Pearl had such a lucky draw this year. It was the easiest bracket I've ever seen. SDSU was overseeded; should've have been a 15 or 16 seed. And Ohio? Pure luck! Georgetown plays great defense and OU guards can't shoot, usually. Tennesse can't play defense. Yesterday must be a fluke.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back