Second most wins in school history

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I thought this deserves it's own thread.

Incredible job considering the attrition and all this team has been through.

It's crazy to think it's the second most wins in a season for our vols it doesn't really feel like it is. But im glad good job vols

Yes...been a great season considering what this team went through...

Makes you wonder what could have been had this team all kept their heads on straight and came together without the off the court issues...but regardless, it has indeed been a great season

Bruce Pearl haters can suck it in my opinion. I met him down here in GA for a golf tourny hes a great guy and a great coach

Yes...been a great season considering what this team went through...

Makes you wonder what could have been had this team all kept their heads on straight and came together without the off the court issues...but regardless, it has indeed been a great season
Honestly, I think the arrests turned out being an important positive for this team. It forced them to become more balanced as a unit and have each other's backs, and focus. I don't think we beat Kansas at home with Tyler. The guys leaned on him too much. With him gone, I honestly think this became a better TEAM from a chemistry standpoint.

I'm excited that things are falling into place for a good run, but the guys have to take it one game at a time.

Honestly, I think the arrests turned out being an important positive for this team. It forced them to become more balanced as a unit and have each other's backs, and focus. I don't think we beat Kansas at home with Tyler. The guys leaned on him too much. With him gone, I honestly think this became a better TEAM from a chemistry standpoint.

I'm excited that things are falling into place for a good run, but the guys have to take it one game at a time.

All this.

Excellent job by the coaches to make it work this year.

I'm glad the team and coaching staff had more confidence in themselves than some of the "so-called fans" on this site who time and time again were proven wrong when they predicted we would get blown out, get beat, or have no way to win. So many of them predicted "one and done" for the NCAA.

Here we are in the Sweet 16 again. One day we will break through, and it could very well be this year. Go Vols!

it takes 4 more to have the most ever and 4 more wins puts us as ncaa tourny champs

This season is clearly the best coaching of CBP's career, IMO. Props to Pearl and Co!

I can remember a time when a Tennessee men's basketball team actually tied the school single-season wins record by winning the NIT third-place game for its 22nd victory of the season.

What made it even sadder was that the media actually made a big deal out of it.

Bruce has brought our program a long way. Don't forget that he actually owns the fourth-winningest season in UT history, too, from the year we went 24-11 and lost the one-point game to Ohio State.

Yeah, I just keep a homer perspective so I feel like this ALL the time. I questioned Bruce and the team after the Florida loss this year, but I'll never do it again...

Its kind of sad for a football fan to say, but I have to admit that for now we are a basketball school.

I will admit that right now, and probably for the next five years or so, that yes, our basketball program is in better shape than our football program. but in the long haul, we're still and always will be a football school.

And hey, i have no problem with our basketball program coming along, at least now, when we're in the midst of a mediocre football season, i can still be excited about basketball. I really don't know if i've ever been able to say that before.

VN Store

Back