OSU or G Tech?

Georgia Tech is probably the better matchup, but I still want revenge for the last time we played OSU in the Sweet 16!!!!!!

Thinking of Evan Turner makes me think of Jodie Meeks.. when I think of Jodie Meeks I think of alot of points vs us. Give us G tech plz.

GT would be easier to play I believe.....but as everyone else has stated, I'd like to try to make up for losing a 20 point half time lead a few years back...

If we draw Ga Tech, they would be GASSED by the time we play.. Having to play a very physical game with Oklahoma State and Ohio State.. Lets hope Ga Tech beats OSU

Really I like our chance with both teams. But I would like a Buckeye rematch becuase my brother is a huge OSU fan and he gave me so much crap after that game.

if we win, will it be the 1st time ever for us to make Elite 8? then I want as easy opponent as possible. G Tech please

I think Ohio State is a better matchup because they are a very small team and only play 6-7 guys (7th guy plays like 1-2 minutes a game). Their starters have all averaged 35 minutes plus during the Big Ten and NCAA tourney, so I think they could be very tired by the time they play us and they could be in a lot of trouble if they get a star player into foul trouble early. More importantly, we are really going to have to take into consideration who the fans are rooting for and if we play Ohio State I think the non-affiliated fans will be going for us. If we play GT, I think everybody will be going for GT. If you saw the Kentucky game in the SEC tourney, it's important for these guys to have fan support in big games, especially in what's going to be a Pro-Kansas crowd in the St. Louis regional. Finally, I think Ohio State is overrated and they are riding the Evan Turner wave. JP, Scotty and Cameron will be able to limit him because of our depth and length at the 2 and 3 position. Ohio State has not played well on the road this year and they tend to dominate on their home court, a lot like us.

Georgia Tech is a very big basketball team and I think we will have a lot of trouble stopping Favors, Lawal and Peacock who could really do some damage to us in the post. They are extremely solid defensively, long and a great rebounding team. They could easily beat Ohio State tomorrow. On the other hand, their guard play is piss poor and they tend to turn the ball over way too much and make a lot of careless mistakes, which Tennessee also does. The good thing is we have Pearl on our side and he is a much better X's and O's coach than Hewitt.

Just my two cents.

Ga Tech, of course.

And - looks like we actually ended up with a better deal being a 6 instead of a 4 or 5. Don't have to play a #1 in the Sweet 16 now!

Know nothing about Ohio St, but Tech won't be easy if we get them. Against my OK St Cowboys, they shut down our go-to guy, 'Big Game' James Anderson; played very tough D in the second half - no one got an open look. And they're big in the paint.

If we draw Ga Tech, they would be GASSED by the time we play.. Having to play a very physical game with Oklahoma State and Ohio State.. Lets hope Ga Tech beats OSU

They'll have like 5 days to rest. If they are gassed at that point, someone should fire a conditioning coach.

Georgia Tech and it isn't close. They have no guards. Shumpert (a freshman) is their only guard and he is a SG/SF playing PG.

In addition, you have one of the best coaches in CBB (Matta) and one of the worst (Hewitt).

Ohio State, OTOH, have beef inside (not scoring), but have length and scorers. They would eat up our man to man with individual match-ups and would kill a zone with the way they shoot the ball. They are very athletic.

Georgia Tech, please....

Favors and Lawal would be tough, but we at least matchup and have more experience at those F/C positions. OSU is a better shooting team and I'd be more scared of them, especially if we go through some icy periods of shooting ourselves.

I live in Atlanta and get to see first hand the debacle that is Paul Hewitt. They can't even get the ball in consistantly. They made it to the ACC finals averaging 20+ turnovers a game in the tournament. They have NO point guard. They ARE athletic and can defend very well.

I know little about OSU but I would think GT would be the better draw.

On a side note, you should see the back and forth that Hewitt and the local media have had going for the last month. He has rabbit ears unlike any coach I have ever seen. People here want him gone and are almost disappointed they have made it to the dance and then advanced.

Who is a better matchup for the Vols?

Tech.

Besides, it would ease the pain some if we lost to them. Vols can't "get revenge!!" against OSU anyway...different team, different year, different players.

Either way, I'm excited. The Vols may actually be peaking.

VN Store

Back