Here is the thing about Ohio

Wise-Vol

They are the 89th best three point percentage team in the NCAA. Yesterday they played the 94th best three point defense team. That with March Madness equals upset.

Saturday Ohio gets the #11 three point defensive team in the nation and the top team in the MidWest region in that regard.

Ohio is 189 in scoring defense. Vols are 88.

We are a better rebounding team.

While Ohio has some size (van Kempen is 6'10) and some athleticism (Washington is a very athletic 6'8 225 power forward) and quality guard play with Bassett and Cooper, the Vols have much more depth, much more length (more than Gtown), more athleticism in the post, and should be very fresh in the 2nd half on Saturdy.

The Vols should win this game by double-digits, but we better get some fans to Providence. Because the one thing Ohio will have over us is the crowd in their corner.

They are the 89th best three point percentage team in the NCAA. Yesterday they played the 94th best three point defense team. That with March Madness equals upset.

Saturday Ohio gets the #11 three point defensive team in the nation and the top team in the MidWest region in that regard.

Ohio is 189 in scoring defense. Vols are 88.

We are a better rebounding team.

While Ohio has some size (van Kempen is 6'10) and some athleticism (Washington is a very athletic 6'8 225 power forward) and quality guard play with Bassett and Cooper, the Vols have much more depth, much more length (more than Gtown), more athleticism in the post, and should be very fresh in the 2nd half on Saturday.

The Vols should win this game by double-digits, but we better get some fans to Providence. Because the one thing Ohio will have over us is the crowd in their corner.

IDK, we looked gassed at times last night.

Ohio was also the NINTH place team in the MAC with a 7-9 record.....

If Tennessee takes care of business they should win the game ....

Ohio is like most teams in the country, if they shoot like they did yesterday, they can beat alot of teams in the country. That being said Tennessee has to play well, rebound, and convert easy and open shots.

I have a hard time believing that a team with a losing conference record from a lower tier conference can sustain that kind of efficient output.

The thing I worry about more than anything with us is our basketball IQ. We make some of the dumbest plays I have ever seen, like Goins foul on the 3pt shot after he had just sealed the game 3 seconds earlier. It's almost like we can't blow a team out because we get in the way of ourselves sometimes.

I hope that in this next game, without extreme height and talent advantage, that we would go inside to Chism almost every time down the court. Won't happen, but I can always hope.

We looked terrible on both sides of the court within a 3 foot radius of the basket. We have got to learn how to finish that close. On defense, our "help" would leave a guy wide open for either an easy put back or an easy dish for San Diego. On offense, we just threw it in the air instead of banking it in or even going aggressive for an attempted dunk. Figure this out and we'll already be in much better shape.

Goins challenged that shot very well IMO. That was a touchy foul and I'm not so sure that he even made contact.

It ironic that we have an easier path to the Sweet 16 this year than in the two years we were a 2 seed. Speaks to the luck of the draw and the overall weakness of the NCAA this year.

I have a hard time believing that a team with a losing conference record from a lower tier conference can sustain that kind of efficient output.

Don't forget they won the conference tournament so they have sustained it for several games

I agree that we sometimes don't play smart. We scrap well (usually) but we have trouble putting anyone away

We will play much better defense than Georgetown did yesterday... Defense is why we beat SDSU, and if we make a run, it will be because of defense. GBO
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Goins challenged that shot very well IMO. That was a touchy foul and I'm not so sure that he even made contact.

I agree that Goins barely made contact, but with the game situation and the guy jacking up a 30ft shot, why even the give the ref a reason?

I feel like we should blow these guys out, but at certain points last night, our guy looked gassed.

I hate to say it but I think that Swiperboy is going to be needed tomorrow b/c Wayne and Williams did looked gassed.

Ohio's guards sort of remind me of Belmont's last year. And they gave us fits in Knoxville. Hopefully we can make them shoot over us and just rebound the misses. The shots SDSU missed behind the arc last night will be made by Ohio.

All you want to know about the Ohio Bobcats

Ohio - College Basketball - Bobcats News, Schedule, Players, Stats, Video - Men's Basketball - ESPN

They've hit a 6 game win streak althought they did seem to play better in the second half of their schedule.

They got matched up with a G'town team who albeit talented makes us look dang consistent with their play and laziness at times.

When push comes to shove, I can't get over that they are a 7-9 MAC team.

If we show up and take care of business, I like our chances.

We gotta come out Saturday and put them away they will have the crowd in there favor because there a #14 seed(Cinderella).

I agree that Goins barely made contact, but with the game situation and the guy jacking up a 30ft shot, why even the give the ref a reason?

I feel like we should blow these guys out, but at certain points last night, our guy looked gassed.

Why would we try to put a hand in a 3 point shooter's face? So he doesn't drain it. That was an atrocious call. I watched it in slow motion several times.

I agree, Williams and Chism were committing stupid fouls during the early part of the second half, probably due to being tired and Woolridge should have been substituted for one of them. Hall looks lost with the offensive play calling and I believe Woolridge would understand the plays better because he has been in the program for two years.
On the other hand, Pearl has done a great job defensively in the post, but he and Williams cannot be on the floor at the sametime because they are offensive liabilities.
I think we should be able to rotate players in the post against Ohio, especially in the first half because their strength is in their backcourt. We should save Chism for the start of the second half, then start giving him the ball deep in the post.

If only Hopson or Tatum could get it going from the perimeter, then we could be a very scary team. I like the fact Pearl is playing McBee because he could hit a couple 3's from the outside and give our team a dimension it's lacking.

I dont care about stats and regular season records. When it comes tournament time, the lower seed teams have nothing to lose and most always come out with passion. Yeah sure overall we have the better team on paper, but if we plan on winning this game we have to want it. If we come out playin like we did against SDSU, then i dont think we win this one. We need to be scrappy on the glass and loose balls, and we need to have better shot selection at times. I think these two things are the keys to the game.

Why would we try to put a hand in a 3 point shooter's face? So he doesn't drain it. That was an atrocious call. I watched it in slow motion several times.

I agree...

That kid hit 3 or 4 from that range throughtout the game...You have to contest every shot...This is March Madness games winners like that happen all the time.

Goins played him correctly, I thought the ref should have been smacked for that call...That close of a game and you call a touch foul that was extremly questionable...I think it was a makeup for the call against SDSU on the loose ball...

VN Store

Back