Goins and Maze

rickyyrs

Should they play together since Scotty is in a shooting funk. At least start? Maybe they start and their shooting could open things up on the inside.

Should they play together since Scotty is in a shooting funk. At least start? Maybe they start and their shooting could open things up on the inside.

No. That leaves no good option to backup the point. And Scotty Hopson can do things that neither of those guys can.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hopson did go 2-5 from three point land. I think we can live with 40%. He just needs to drive a bit more for those easier baskets and not let his shooting affect his defense so much.

Hopson showed a few drives in which he actually attacked the basket.... i just just think he has a difficult time coming off the dribble quick enough. Hope he works on this during the off season.

I agree starting Goins over Hopson could be dangerous from our PG position, but I think Tatum should start over Hopson. Last time that happened it seemed to motivate Hopson.

I know Tatum was silent last night but being silent is better than all the stupid mistakes Hopson was making.

I agree starting Goins over Hopson could be dangerous from our PG position, but I think Tatum should start over Hopson. Last time that happened it seemed to motivate Hopson.

I know Tatum was silent last night but being silent is better than all the stupid mistakes Hopson was making.

Tatum made his fair share of dumb mistakes.... but neither are playing to their potential right now.

Minute for minute, Tatum's bonehead to good play ratio was astronomically higher than Hopson's.

If Scotty would bring his A game to the tourney games we could make a good run.

I just want to know when the point guard position for us provided that high of a percentage of our points as it did last night at roughly 40%.

Scotty already is has very little confidence. Benching him now would be totally shutting him down for the Tourney.

I'd love to see this new metric for efficiency in black and white. Seems kind of arbitrary, if you ask me...

Just quick numbers

Scotty had 3 turnovers in 26 min
Tatum 2 in 15

If Tatum had played 25+, there is no doubt in my mind he would have been a huge downgrade from Scotty. He didn't have it together last night.

It is so frustrating to watch Hopson because he is so hot and cold. For too long it seemed he just wasn't trying, just hanging around the three point line and chucking the ball up. But during the SEC tournament (especially against Kentucky), he seemed to be trying really hard and just not doing it.

If he could only handle the ball better, and had a pull up jumper, he could be dangerous every game. Oh well, I will root for him regardless.

Just quick numbers

Scotty had 3 turnovers in 26 min
Tatum 2 in 15

If Tatum had played 25+, there is no doubt in my mind he would have been a huge downgrade from Scotty. He didn't have it together last night.

So, by your numbers, Scotty turned it over once every 8 minutes 40 seconds and Tatum turned it over once every 7 minutes 30 seconds.

That's hardly astronomical. Yes over the corse of a game maybe Tatum turns it over once(maybe twice) more but your notion that the 2 players aren't even close is just silly.

Listen I like Scotty I'm rooting for him. I think if he really turns it on we could do some serious damage in the tourney. So I don't want Bruce to bench him, but from what we've seen over the last couple of weeks Tatum isn't really that big of a downgrade.

VN Store

Back