Tennessee vs. Ohio Game Thoughts

robvols

You saw how we played and how it turned out, WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS about the upcoming game vs. Ohio?

We can't show up like we showed up tonight.

Totally different team and ball game. I'm just glad we're still playing for right now.

If OHIO shoots like they did today, they have a great chance of winning.

But, I don't think we can shoot like that again, lol.

The key to beating OHIO. Shut down Bassett and stop Cooper's penetration.

Ohio has great guard play. Movement on the O side is very good. UT needs to bring their A game to them.

They don't have a guy like Leonard, and our length will bother them as much or more than it bothered SDSU. We have to play better on offense though.

I wish we could have seen the Ohio game here. Whether they are hot right now or not, I'd still much rather play them than Georgetown.
I'm already salivating at the chance for redemption vs. OSU in the sweet 16.

We should beat Ohio. I don't see them having two games like that in a row. And there's no way we let them score like GTown did. Looking up for the Vols!

My thoughts: Ohio needs to get that "we're just happy to be here" thought in their heads before Saturday so if we play lackluster we can sneak out with another win.

Pound the ball inside and contest perimeter shots. We are the better team and should play like it.

My thoughts: Ohio needs to get that "we're just happy to be here" thought in their heads before Saturday so if we play lackluster we can sneak out with another win.

They'll have a couple of days to think about it. Not good for the 9th place team from the MAC... :)

Ohio is a 14 seed. We'll win if we don't play awful. (Which happens about 30% of the time.)

Statistically, Ohio was 7-9 in the MAC, 9th seed in MAC tournament, won 2 of the MAC tournament games in OT, 22-14 record overall, 5-9 on the road, and 4-1 on neutral sites. They average 74.9 points on offense and 69.1 on defense. Realtimerpi.com has Ohio ranked 95th compared to 18th for SDSU. They have 5 bad losses, 2 really bad losses, and 3 quality wins.

We have zero business losing to Ohio. If we come out and play our game we win, plain and simple. Sadly, we likely won't come out playing our game.

Will Bruce go with a smaller, quicker lineup to counter their guards, or will our length be advantageous?

Pearl needs to send Hopson to a ball handling camp at some locak elementary school and find someone to teach him how to dribble.If not it will be the same Hopson for the next 2 years.The kid just cant handle the ball period.

VN Store

Back