T - 24 hours

I'm still up in the air on this one. Rhode Island doesn't have Waffle Houses. That could be a problem. Reading around the INET today, it seems that Bruce has turned the locals into Vol fans.

Go Vols. Come to play. Play to stay.

Didn't want to start a thread. But does anyone have any creative vol team names for my bracket? Preciate it

I personally love the negative pub surrounding their seeding/expectations. All the more positive news that'll be generated after the win.

Can't wait for the game tomorrow night, and this is the situation the Vols are known for. Backs against the wall...the focus will be there, and that's when this team plays its best (unfortunately).

I'm still up in the air on this one. Rhode Island doesn't have Waffle Houses. That could be a problem. Reading around the INET today, it seems that Bruce has turned the locals into Vol fans.

Go Vols. Come to play. Play to stay.

Link? I'd like to see some of that.

Link? I'd like to see some of that.

I'll see if I can find it again. Little bits and pieces from interviews. They were saying how he did a pretty good smooze job with the press and got them on our side. Vol merchandise prominently displayed around town, hotel employees decked out in orange when they arrived. I'll poke around again.

Forgot part of the stream. I have a half dozen friends that live in or a few miles from Providence.

From Drew Rutherford= #Vols on court @ "The Dunk." These Yanks love Bruce. "Coach of the year!" yelled as BP came out.

Lousy Pic at the Dunk..Still lookin';

johnadamskns
Didn't take Bruce Pearl long to endear himself to New England media.

Attachments

• dunk.jpg
    dunk.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 26
Well, I give up. I just read J Adams latest column and thought he would mention something there reflecting his tweets. Instead-UT fans will be hard to find at Providence this week. Is what he had to say. I'm still going with a pro UT crowd until I see differently.
We've been placed in the upset/under dog frame. I bet a lot of local fans pick that side to cheer for. And, then, I may not have a clue. Don't know why I used the word may.:eek:

The fans will cheer for the style that appeals to them over the course of the game. Of course it doesn't hurt that Pearl is from Boston, and RI loves them some Boston.

That being said, I don't even know what SDSU's jerseys look like, much less the way they play.

If we can get past SDSU I think we can give Gtown a run for there money

I think we can too. People are really high on GTown because of their Big East run, but the team has been inconsistent in the Big East. And I don't think conference tournaments are a good indicator of how a team will play in the in the NCAA tournament. The circumstances are different.

VN Store

Back