More from Gottlieb...

miggy4vols

Love God, Love Others
is anyone else watching mike and mike on espn this morning? gottlieb is filling in for golic today or something, and dude is just a plain idiot. can anyone please tell me what makes him an ncaa basketball "expert?"

Maybe he checked the "do you hate UT" box on his application?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I would say he watches more bball than anyone on this board and has actually played the game at the level he's discussing. Specific examples might make this thread go a little better

Why is it that just because somebody picks against us, then they are an idiot? Is everyone only allowed to pick us to win every single time we play every sport? Some of our fans are so ridiculous. It's called his opinion. Get over it.

Why is it that just because somebody picks against us, then they are an idiot? Is everyone only allowed to pick us to win every single time we play every sport? Some of our fans are so ridiculous. It's called his opinion. Get over it.

you just don't get it man. He's on ESPN and picked against the Vols! He must be an idiot

take it with a grain of salt..... everyone has an opinion. Only one way to prove them wrong, win.

I would say he watches more bball than anyone on this board and has actually played the game at the level he's discussing. Specific examples might make this thread go a little better

All you or anyone else needs to know about this MORON is he said on the air a couple of years ago, "Yeah I know Chris Lofton can shoot but he is always wide open...can somebody get up and actually guard him and get a hand in his face".

You see I pay attention to the spouting of the garbage that comes out of peoples mouth when it regards UT. He could have said that about any other team and I may not have caught it...BUT ANY ONE WHO WATCHED LOFTON KNOWS THAT HE SHOT AND MADE MANY 3's with defenders draped all over him (Kevin Durant for one), it must be an flagrant attempt to cause chatter and fill up airwaves; because I would cuss my own MOTHER if she made that statement.

you just don't get it man. He's on ESPN and picked against the Vols! He must be an idiot

His reasons for picking against us in the opening game are off the mark IMO. His entire premise is that sds will offensive rebound well enough to over one its shoddy guard play, weak shooting and utterly awful FT shooting.

Our weakness is lazy defense that commits enormous numbers of fouls. If we avoid foul trouble, we'll outrebound them. If we get in foul trouble, we'll lose the reboinding battle but it's a partial win because every other trip to the line for them is a turnover.

His reasons for picking against us in the opening game are off the mark IMO. His entire premise is that sds will offensive rebound well enough to over one its shoddy guard play, weak shooting and utterly awful FT shooting.

Our weakness is lazy defense that commits enormous numbers of fouls. If we avoid foul trouble, we'll outrebound them. If we get in foul trouble, we'll lose the reboinding battle but it's a partial win because every other trip to the line for them is a turnover.

I guess I just don't see it as so off the mark. Our rebounding has been terrible at points this season. Plus the "shoddy guard play, weak shooting and utterly awful FT shooting (save Maze and Chism)" could be used to describe UT too.

if we come out and play lazy ball like we have at times this season we could very well get beat. I honestly don't expect that to happen but I also would not be completely shocked

I heard the coach of sdsu knows of some scandal involving a credit card while gottlieb was in college, so gottlieb has to pick them.

Also gottlieb doesn't like pearl because Bruce didn't send him a channukah card this year.

It's hard to tell at this point, do you think gottlieb is right or wrong?

Is it possible he's right? Sure it is. His job is to say what could happen so he will never be 100% wrong. I don't know why but I think UT comes out fired up and wins by 8-12pts. Then again they always seem to surprise me with their bad games against teams they should handle

QUOTE][His entire premise is that sds will offensive rebound well enough to over one its shoddy guard play, weak shooting and utterly awful FT shooting./QUOTE]

There you go again leaving out the U.

QUOTE][His entire premise is that sds will offensive rebound well enough to over one its shoddy guard play, weak shooting and utterly awful FT shooting./QUOTE]

There you go again leaving out the U.

man, I'm dissing their school left and right.

I don't know why but I think UT comes out fired up and wins by 8-12pts.

I agree.

I'm not sure why you think we should agree with Gottlieb, or not say that hes an idiot when he thinks we are going to lose.

It doesn't have anything to do with him working for ESPN.

I agree.

I'm not sure why you think we should agree with Gottlieb, or not say that hes an idiot when he thinks we are going to lose.

He's not Einstein, but he's more informed about college hoops than anyone on this board. If he could avoid his personal biases, he'd be very solid.

I agree.

no ones saying agree with him but a differing opinion does not automatically make someone an idiot.

had he picked UT to destroy SDS there would be 3-4 threads saying how right he is. But now, based on this one pick, he's a moron. The guy knows college bball

VN Store

Back