Oregon to target Pearl?

trevols81

Sous me.
With Ernie Kent out as Oregon's head coach should the Vols be concerned that they will go after Bruce to replace if Mark Few turns them down?

I say we need not worry about Bruce leaving for the Oregon job,why go coach a bad team,when next year the Vols should be pretty strong...

Is it an everyday thing when a basketball job comes open Bruce Pearl is always a candidate.

According to Jim Rome Tennessee is the "girl" you have a one night stand with, but USC is the "girl" you settle down and marry. So what kind of "girl" is Oregon? A hooker or stripper maybe? Although his comments were on the football situation i do not think that Oregon has anything to offer that Tennessee does not.

I'm not saying he is actually going anywhere, but I imagine, he will entertain the looks from other schools.

Word is that Texas A&M coach Mark Turgeon will be one of the top candidates as he was an assistant at Oregon under Jerry Green. Turgeon is a former Jayhawk assistant and former head coach at Wichita State. If Pearl left I would not blame him. The Pac 10 is very weak and seems like there has been a lot of fans posting negative things about him on this site this year. Not sure if that is the sentiment in Knoxville but here in the midwest he is hghly admired. I remember wya too many sub 500 seasons from the mens teams in the 80s and 90s to be frustrated with him. Maybe I am way off on my observations and perhaps I only logged into Volnation following tough losses but seemed like a lot of frustration from poster on here.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

like he would leave here for a horrible program at a school its impossible to recruit to.
So horrible they've been to the Elite Eight twice in the last decade and so impossible to recruit to that they've put multiple guys in the first round of the NBA Draft and pulled in more than a few top 25 classes in that same time frame.

I say we need not worry about Bruce leaving for the Oregon job,why go coach a bad team,when next year the Vols should be pretty strong...

Look at what happened to Memphis. When Kentucky got Calapari they really bought Memphis recruiting class.

Word is that Texas A&M coach Mark Turgeon will be one of the top candidates as he was an assistant at Oregon under Jerry Green. Turgeon is a former Jayhawk assistant and former head coach at Wichita State. If Pearl left I would not blame him. The Pac 10 is very weak and seems like there has been a lot of fans posting negative things about him on this site this year. Not sure if that is the sentiment in Knoxville but here in the midwest he is hghly admired. I remember wya too many sub 500 seasons from the mens teams in the 80s and 90s to be frustrated with him. Maybe I am way off on my observations and perhaps I only logged into Volnation following tough losses but seemed like a lot of frustration from poster on here.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

i think Steve Alford will also be a candidate. and i agree that Tennessee will be worse off if we lose Pearl with whoever replaces him

So horrible they've been to the Elite Eight twice in the last decade and so impossible to recruit to that they've put multiple guys in the first round of the NBA Draft and pulled in more than a few top 25 classes in that same time frame.

my thoughts exactly.

I dont think Bruce is going anywhere. Might another raise out of it. But he isnt leaving.

VN Store

Back