Why is it that the UT-SDSU game is everyone's "Upset Alert"?

ERICtheBERRY

Errric Berrrrrry
Do you guys know something that I don't? First that guy on CBS and now I think Bilas has us losing to SDSU too...

I guess it depends on which UT team comes to play. The "we can beat KS or KY" or "lets lose to USC or KY by 30".

:dance:

Keep Wayne out of trouble and get production from the PG position and Vols advance. Wayne gets into trouble and they start relying heavily on the 3 Vols lose.

It's not an upset if everyone picks them to win. But that doesn't matter. Last time I checked "experts" were supposed to know what they're talking about 99.999999999999999999999% of the time. But somehow espns "experts" don't. The players play and the haters hate.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I am more than happy that Tennessee is on upset alert for this game. Remember 3 years ago when many gurus had us losing to Long Beach State in the first round? We won that game 121-85.

This just adds fuel to the fire for Bruce and co.

cause the aztecs are a good team that didnt deserve an 11 seed

much like a couple years ago they had Butler as a 7 seed with 30 wins. they should have been a 3-5. I would say San diego St deserves like an 8-9 game

It's not just that the Vols are up and down, it's also that we play in a pretty crappy conference. The pundits don't have a lot of respect for schools with pretty good records if they play in a weak conference. Look at va. tech: they were third in the acc--10-6 record, and didn't even get in the tourney. There is also the cinderella factor with pundits--and let's face it, a lot of lesser-known teams from smaller conferences are actually pretty good.

I think the Vols win one on the no respect card, then get bounced by Gtown. That no respect thing only goes so far, you have to play good basketball consistently and they simply haven't done that much this year, if at all. Even during their winning streaks they lacked something on one end of the floor or the other. That will catch up to you come tournament time.

Go look at the Aztecs schedule. They have some very solid wins in a tough conference.

If we play a down game or Chism get's in foul trouble early, expect to be going home early.

maybe this is a good thing for us. We need to play with a chip on our shoulder.

Just take comfort in the theory that the popular upset pick never happens.

SDSU is entirely capable of beating UT, but if UT plays up to its potential, they can beat anyone in the nation.

Jay Bilas is an idiot.

To prevent this from happening again, I would suggest turning off ESPN unless there is a game on the channel.

Tennessee has already beaten two of the four 1 seeds in this tourney. The Vols can beat anyone in the country. They can also lose to teams that didn't make the tourney. If they come to play it should be a fun night. If not, I can get to bed at a decent hour instead of sitting up 'til after midnight.

SDSU is the sleeper pick to make the sweet 16.

I thought it was Cornell.

Wait

I thought it was Murray State

Wait

I thought it was Siena

Wait

I thought it was UTEP....

Hint: These guys are talking out of their a$$ and saying every possible upset hoping to actually get one right. And because they need something to talk about for 17 hours a day.

I have rules when it comes to college basketball... Listen to no one who matches their high lighter with their tie, no one who still believes Duke is relevant like they once were, and listen to no one named Hubert Davis, so in essence I do not watch ESPN analysis!

It's funny that all but one of you think its a bias against Tenn or that its because your up and down this year, etc.

Did any of you ever consider that maybe their saying it because SDSU is actually a very good team and were underseeded just as you are. That some out there, that have watched BOTH teams actually think we are the stronger team We are rightfully an 8 seed as you should be a 5 seed. This is a very even matchup.

I can give you all credit that you have a dangerous, capable team. Why is it so hard for you all to consider the same for your opponent, who just won their conf tourney, beating the #8 team in the country and beating UNLV on their home court? We are the #18 RPI, thats not a fluke or a mistake.

It's funny that all but one of you think its a bias against Tenn or that its because your up and down this year, etc.

Did any of you ever consider that maybe their saying it because SDSU is actually a very good team and were underseeded just as you are. That some out there, that have watched BOTH teams actually think we are the stronger team We are rightfully an 8 seed as you should be a 5 seed. This is a very even matchup.

I can give you all credit that you have a dangerous, capable team. Why is it so hard for you all to consider the same for your opponent, who just won their conf tourney, beating the #8 team in the country and beating UNLV on their home court? We are the #18 RPI, thats not a fluke or a mistake.

RPI is garbage and UNM is massively overrated. Our RPI is high as is our ranking. Both are trash.

The reason you guys can win is because we aren't that good where we need to be in the tourney. It's not because of your overblown opinion of your team. To listen to you, SDS has a NBA frontcourt.

you forget they have a freshman who is as good on the boards as Rodman in his prime

Those are the comments that warrant a huge discount to the remainder of the drivel, even when true.

VN Store

Back