This Week's Trap...

I think they'll lose to Georgetown, but wouldn't be shocked if they made the Sweet 16.

The consensus of GTown to the Elite 8 dooms them. Bilas overdoing Cornell does the same. Too much love for KState as well.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think they'll lose to Georgetown, but wouldn't be shocked if they made the Sweet 16.

Hat, how do you think we match up with the Hoyas even though you believe UT would lose?

My opinion is that the only things that truly scare me about Georgetown are Monroe's passing abilities for a big and Wright matching up with Maze/Goins, both of whom he is much more talented than.

Honestly I think we can handle Freeman because we will play him very physically, but the other two are a real concern, for me at least....

The consensus of GTown to the Elite 8 dooms them. Bilas overdoing Cornell does the same. Too much love for KState as well.
I'm pretty sure nobody has been more consistent in their praise of Cornell the last couple of years than I have. That said, Bilas has lost his damn mind. Are they good enough to win a game, maybe two? Yes. Can they beat Kentucky, as he's predicted? Of course not. They were overmatched athletically at home by Seton Hall. If you can't stay in front of Eugene Harvey and keep Herb Pope off the boards, good luck against John Wall and Demarcus Cousins.

Hat, how do you think we match up with the Hoyas even though you believe UT would lose?

My opinion is that the only things that truly scare me about Georgetown are Monroe's passing abilities for a big and Wright matching up with Maze/Goins, both of whom he is much more talented than.

Honestly I think we can handle Freeman because we will play him very physically, but the other two are a real concern, for me at least....

We aren't going to play Freeman physically. We don't have that ability.

We aren't going to play Freeman physically. We don't have that ability.

Haha sadly you might be right, we've shown flashes but I would hope they would at least try to take his game away a bit. If he is even remotely hot, it's game, set, match, within the first 10 minutes...

As I told someone earlier, if the Monroe I saw Friday shows up, UT would have very little chance. If the guy who played Saturday appears, it's a 50-50 game. Wright will be a real challenge for our points. Prince will have to guard Freeman. He'd kill Hopson.

I'm pretty sure nobody has been more consistent in their praise of Cornell the last couple of years than I have. That said, Bilas has lost his damn mind. Are they good enough to win a game, maybe two? Yes. Can they beat Kentucky, as he's predicted? Of course not. They were overmatched athletically at home by Seton Hall. If you can't stay in front of Eugene Harvey and keep Herb Pope off the boards, good luck against John Wall and Demarcus Cousins.
The overdone bracket buster thing a rually puts pressure on Cinderella that didnt exist before. The nothing to lose mindset goes away with those expectations. I hate that.

As I told someone earlier, if the Monroe I saw Friday shows up, UT would have very little chance. If the guy who played Saturday appears, it's a 50-50 game. Wright will be a real challenge for our points. Prince will have to guard Freeman. He'd kill Hopson.

That's what actually gives me hope about the situation. Also, do you think it's Monroe's year to enter the NBA or does he need to stay in school another year?

If any team is going to be a bracket buster, I think it will be UTEP.

That's what actually gives me hope about the situation. Also, do you think it's Monroe's year to enter the NBA or does he need to stay in school another year?
There's no reason for him to stay in school. What he needs to add to his game has nothing to do with skill.

Here's my question: Is Duke underrated? I'll admit it's a smaller sample size(five or six games) that I've seen, but this team seems much more effective in dealing with their prior weaknesses(quick penetrators and size inside), and I have a hard time seeing them lose before the final four. Yet no one seems to think they're a legitimate threat. Any particular reason this team can't win their weak bracket, upset Kentucky or WVU and get to the title game?

Basically Hat...can Coach K wake up the echoes or not?

Here's my question: Is Duke underrated? I'll admit it's a smaller sample size(five or six games) that I've seen, but this team seems much more effective in dealing with their prior weaknesses(quick penetrators and size inside), and I have a hard time seeing them lose before the final four. Yet no one seems to think they're a legitimate threat. Any particular reason this team can't win their weak bracket, upset Kentucky or WVU and get to the title game?

They might survive that putrid region, but whoever they played in the national semifinal would likely stomp the Hell out of them.

Ya, I agree completely.

If Jay Wright can get Villanova flowing again, I see no reason why Villanova won't beat Duke.

They might survive that putrid region, but whoever they played in the national semifinal would likely stomp the Hell out of them.

Definitely the key word. I'm not convinced at all that Baylor, Louisville, and/or A&M can't lay the wood to this Duke team.

Hey Hat, what are the real odds of Billy Clyde ending up at Houston if Penders retires? That would about make the C-USA worth watching. BG against Pastner.

About Duke's region (and yes it's Duke region, not whatever the official region's name is):

Duke has an excellent chance to make it to the Final Four. Look at the top 5 teams...

2. Nova- On their way down...No inside presence.

3. Baylor- Hasn't really proven themselves...at least in my opinion.

4. Purdue- No chance without Hummel...I think Siena should be the favorite in their game anyway.

5. Texas A&M- Have not proven they can play with the top teams.

I mean, why in the world should Duke NOT MAKE the Final Four. Honestly, their fans should be wildly disappointed if they don't make it to Indy.

Hey Hat, what are the real odds of Billy Clyde ending up at Houston if Penders retires? That would about make the C-USA worth watching. BG against Pastner.

I have no idea about his rehab, but nobody is going to hire him until he has shown he can hold his alcohol for a while.

About Duke's region (and yes it's Duke region, not whatever the official region's name is):

Duke has an excellent chance to make it to the Final Four. Look at the top 5 teams...

2. Nova- On their way down...No inside presence.

3. Baylor- Hasn't really proven themselves...at least in my opinion.

4. Purdue- No chance without Hummel...I think Siena should be the favorite in their game anyway.

5. Texas A&M- Have not proven they can play with the top teams.

I mean, why in the world should Duke NOT MAKE the Final Four. Honestly, their fans should be wildly disappointed if they don't make it to Indy.

The team who should really be thanking their lucky stars, even more so than Duke, is Notre Dame, who somehow wound up with a 6 seed in a pathetic region based on a good late season run, and they're getting Harangody back at just the right time. They're my sleeper Final Four pick, as much as it pains me to write it.

VN Store

Back