As Much Hell As I Give Pearl...

hatvol96

I at least understand why his name comes up when decent, not great, jobs like Iowa come open. However, I would love for someone to explain to me what Scott Drew has done, other than be one of the two or three slimiest recruiters in the game, to get his name attached to the searches at programs with good histories.

Same way con-artists make a living.

They have people fooled for some reason.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I at least understand why his name comes up when decent, not great, jobs like Iowa come open. However, I would love for someone to explain to me what Scott Drew has done, other than be one of the two or three slimiest recruiters in the game, to get his name attached to the searches at programs with good histories.

I don't know the details of how he did it, but from a pure high-level perspective, he has brought Baylor back from the grave to a three seed in this year's tournament.

And I am sure he pulls some respect off of his last name as well.

I don't know the details of how he did it, but from a pure high-level perspective, he has brought Baylor back from the grave to a three seed in this year's tournament.
A year after missing the tournament with Elite Eight quality talent.

A year after missing the tournament with Elite Eight quality talent.

Never doubt the power of the media if they think you are good, especially with a rebuilding 'story" like Baylor had. I don't know if I have ever heard a negative report or even op-ed on him from the powers that be in the sports media world.

Never doubt the power of the media if they think you are good, especially with a rebuilding 'story" like Baylor had. I don't know if I have ever heard a negative report or even op-ed on him from the powers that be in the sports media world.
That's because they never bother to interview many of his peers when they do their cute little Baylor resurrection stories.

I'll be happy when people talk about Baylor basketball in the near future, the assumption will be that they are referencing their women's program.

I at least understand why his name comes up when decent, not great, jobs like Iowa come open. However, I would love for someone to explain to me what Scott Drew has done, other than be one of the two or three slimiest recruiters in the game, to get his name attached to the searches at programs with good histories..

Thats working out well for Cal....

We advance to the sweet sixteen again, he'll be a hot commodity to move to a more prominent basketball program. He's done about all he can with Tennessee. More than anybody else could anyway. Even you would miss the winning regular seasons hat.

relentless emain. absolutely relentless.

Some people deserve endless ridicule, however, I am now pretty bored with it.

Watch out though, if he and blaker find some way to stream this shiz to a smartphone, we will never be able to feel safe again.

We advance to the sweet sixteen again, he'll be a hot commodity to move to a more prominent basketball program. He's done about all he can with Tennessee. More than anybody else could anyway. Even you would miss the winning regular seasons hat.

Pearl isnt leaving , this recruiting class he has coming in is ranked #4 I think and he would be a fool to leave ,if he was srruggling with recruiting then I could see it.
Tn will be better next year just because there will be more talent than they have had in 2 years on the hill or since he has been at Tn.jmo

It's the same reason why Lane Kiffin got jobs at UT and USC after pathetic performance at Oakland and playing a major part in questionable practices while an assistant under Pete Carroll.

In the basketball world, look at Calipari, for God's sake. He might be a pretty good X's and O's coach, but he gets a "pass" from just about everyone in the media other than Bob Knight. While watching ESPN and all other sports media, all everyone talks about is his "great track record" at Memphis, UMass, etc. No one seems to care that he left both those programs in deep trouble with the NCAA. Calipari continues to get the big jobs despite being a scum-bag. This is, unfortunately, what college sports have become. The NCAA needs to close up and go home. USC will be getting no penalties for their shenanigans and Calipari will probably get coach of the year.

It's the same reason why Lane Kiffin got jobs at UT and USC after pathetic performance at Oakland and playing a major part in questionable practices while an assistant under Pete Carroll.

In the basketball world, look at Calipari, for God's sake. He might be a pretty good X's and O's coach, but he gets a "pass" from just about everyone in the media other than Bob Knight. While watching ESPN and all other sports media, all everyone talks about is his "great track record" at Memphis, UMass, etc. No one seems to care that he left both those programs in deep trouble with the NCAA. Calipari continues to get the big jobs despite being a scum-bag. This is, unfortunately, what college sports have become. The NCAA needs to close up and go home. USC will be getting no penalties for their shenanigans and Calipari will probably get coach of the year.
Doubling a team's win total in one year is a "pathetic performance?"

Or maybe Cal is just better at getting top notch players than everyone else. It's not his fault if he is one step ahead of the NCAA.

How in the world did people get the impression that no other coach in the country could do what Bruce has done?

He has not accomplished much more than Jerry Green.

Do you really think Bill Self, Roy Williams, Calipari, Jay Wright, or Huggins couldn't have done the same or better than Bruce?

For the record, I like BP. I think he's done a great job in the resurrection of UT basketball. However, I think there are numerous coaches in the game that could have taken us to higher levels. Bruce can't win 3 tournament games in a row, be it SEC or NCAA.

We had our chances to capitalize when UK was down for their standards, but came away without cutting a single net down. Now, that party is over, and UK is back to form.

I hope Pearl plays the disrespect card to the Nth degree with us getting a 6 seed. If we get past SDSU, then a tough matchup with Georgetown awaits.

Do you really think Bill Self, Roy Williams, Calipari, Jay Wright, or Huggins couldn't have done the same or better than Bruce?

Call me crazy if you wish, but give Mark Few top notch facilities and more of a power conference to pitch to recruits and he could do the same if not better. Maybe even Billy Kennedy

Last edited:
I honestly don't know what to say . . . if we're at the point where we still want to defend Kiffin and we just want to say "oh well" about Calipari and his lack of character, then there is nothing left to talk about. I'll just respectfully sign off and we'll agree to disagree.

Go Vols! (the one thing we can all agree on)

VN Store

Back